Anyone know how to auto fill a form with the ...

Anyone know how to auto fill a form with the previous entry’s information as a formula for the Initial Value column of the Columns tab? I’m sure it’s out there, just haven’t figured it out yet.

0 9 3,668
9 REPLIES 9

Also, can I auto-increment a number compared to the previous row’s number in the same column? In other words, when I submit a form, the initial value of the form the next time I open it is, for some columns, the same value as the previous record, and, for other columns, the previous value + 1.

tony1

@Kolbi_Christianson Check this example: appsheet.com - Most Recent Value - Initialize forms with most recent value

You should be able to extend that example to put a [Most Recent Row].[Some Column] + 1 formula either in the App Formula or Initial Value.

But beware of the limitations of that approach: https://help.appsheet.com/app-design/modeling-tables-and-columns/is-it-possible-to-create-an-increme... Most Recent Value - Initialize forms with most recent value appsheet.com

hi, do you have sample apps for this? im not familiar with [most recent row] expression. is it the same as select expression?

This is perfect thanks!!

Got it to work!

Hi! Is there an update to this question as the linked pages don’t exist anymore?
@tony

Thx in advance!

What are you looking for?

2X_b_b42a297ade7dd2404a9e9f1d2838dbc02ee16e51.png
I am looking for a way how to auto fill a ref-type column in a form with the previous entry’s information.

To give you more background info: I am working on an employee evaluation tool. After an employee has evaluated his performance, the information will pop up at the manager’s deck view (with all of his employees who have filled out their forms). Afterwards, the manager shall give his answer to each evaluation. When I click on the action icon next to one of the employees in that manager view, I still have to choose the employee in my answer form. It would be nice if that field was auto filled depending on my chosen person.

Auto-filled with what?

See also:

Top Labels in this Space