API Call to upload PDF

Hi All,
I have a column that stores pdfs. I want to upload pdf file form third party servers using API Calls.
Is it possible?

Solved Solved
0 5 590
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Youโ€™ll have to write the code.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes, One way is to use an action (go to a website) to trigger the upload. You will need to write a cloud function or web app that can process the HTTP GET request and store the PDF on drive (and update a column to point to the uploaded file if you need to see the file in the app.)

Thank you for your reply. But, what I am asking is, Can Appsheet do this part? or do I need to code it externally?

" You will need to write a cloud function or web app that can process the HTTP GET request and store the PDF on drive (and update a column to point to the uploaded file if you need to see the file in the app.)"

I mean when I upload a local file or use the camera it does this part for me. When I use an API call, will it do the rest?
At least place the file in the default folder?

You will need to write code. AFAIK Appsheet cannot yet create any code to interface with third party servers and bind it to actions.

Not sure if it is on the roadmap but you could add a feature request if you need it badly.

In fact, nothing is third partyโ€ฆ Google Drive, Apigee and Appsheet. Everything is google. (I should have mentioned this before. )

Youโ€™ll have to write the code.

Top Labels in this Space