Hi AppSheet Community,
I’m pleased to announce a much requested feature for the Apigee data source. We have added support for OAuth v2 Client Credentials Grant Type Authorization as a full GA feature, available to all users to try (Apigee is classified as an Advanced data source which required Enterprise or Enterprise Plus editions).
You can find all of the technical details in the help article here.
What does this mean?
- You can now use OAuth to secure your APIs for use in AppSheet via a client id and secret. This is a standard way to secure APIs and gives AppSheet App Creators access to more APIs.
- You can still choose to use API-Key Authentication if that is preferred
- You can choose OAuth for Manual mode or for OpenAPI Spec mode
A couple of other features have also been added recently for the Apigee data source, and the details are in the same help article:
- Pagination - for large datasets, you can now use pagination to get smaller payloads in pages
- Query filters via Security Filter expressions - Filter large datasets to the data most important to the App User
- Support for YAML in addition to JSON for the OpenAPI Spec format
Please let us know your feedback in the comments here! Thanks, and happy app creating!