Apigee Integration Beta Program

Hello Community,

I see in the Data-source, Apigee (Beta) option is already rolled out.

I was trying to integrate my Appsheet (Trial account) with out Apigee environmenta and getting error.

Error : Not connected. Error: You do not have permission to access data in Apigee. Please ensure your Apigee API key and Base ID are correct.

There are 2 options to connect to Apigee (OpenAPI Spec and Manual ) and i tried with both the options not sure why its not working

Steps to reproduce

1. Create an Apigee App by subscribe API products and get App Key
  2. Goto Appsheet Account >> My Account>> Setting>> Add DataSource>> Select Apigee (beta)
  3. App APP key, Provide Base URL and provide API Products (separating commas also tried with passing just one)
  4. It throws error.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anupam Sharma

Hi Anupam,

I tried to hit the API path mentioned in your example. I am seeing the API Key auth error.

Can you please generate a temporary API Key (you can revoke this after we can test this out on our end). Please email the Temporary API Key to harshchevuru@google.com to verify this.

-Harsh

1 Like

Hi Harsh,

Have sent an API Key on your email.
Thank you very much

Anupam

Not the most knowledgeable on APIs and no clue about Apigee but posting a Key and Secret doesn’t sound like a good idea even if no one on here would be malicious (maybe there’s more you need with Apigee?)

true… i thought i responded in one to one mode… it is now deleted from the system. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Anupam,

Looks like there is issue with APIKey validation in your proxy. Can you please add me and/or achuthr@google.com / @Achuthr to your org and we can look into the proxy in question.

-Harsh

Hi Harsh,

Have sent you both an email to onboard on my organisation.

Best if we can have a short call.
I am based out of London but feel free to suggest any time and i will make myself available.

Regards,
Anupam

@Scott_Haaland FYI

@vinothp and @Scott_Haaland for FYI

Anupam, as discussed the workaround is to use apikey as header for key in place of x-apikey.We will be making the change in next day to accept x-apikey and inform you.

Regarding the feature, we will be sharing more information over email until we get to public docs. As long as your API response conforms to this format, you will be able to get a Appsheet table in response.

{
  "StandardData": [
      {
          "ID": 1,
          "TextValue": "Test1",
          "DecimalValue": 1.10,
          "DateTime": "1/1/2016 1:01:01 AM",
          "PhoneValue": "111 111 1111",
          "EmailValue": "email1@appsheet.com"
      },
      {
          "ID": 2,
          "TextValue": "Test2",
          "DecimalValue": 1.11,
          "DateTime": "2/1/2016 1:01:01 AM",
          "PhoneValue": "111 112 1111",
          "EmailValue": "email2@appsheet.com"
      }
    ]
}
2 Likes

Thank you Harsh.

Please let us know when the changes to accept x-apikey are done.

Regards,
Anupam

Hi @Anupam_Sharma,

This change for x-apikey is available now and you can try it.

Thanks,
Scott

1 Like

thanks i see it is working now :slight_smile: :smile:

1 Like