Apigee with Appsheet

Have anyone tried how to integrate Appsheet with Apigee?. if it is so how you manage to connect it.

Regards,

0 9 1,104
9 REPLIES 9

Native connector to Apigee should be in the pipeline as new features according to the last month Webiner

Not sure how it is exactly going to be, but should help with connection to external APIs.

Hi @tsuji_koichi - I just published the docs for this feature here: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/4438873-apigee-data-source

Hi @Scott_Haaland

Thank you for presenting the documentatoin in terms of Apigee connection. I have been spending some hours and hours for the past weeks, but still not able to connct to Apigee Proxy from Appsheet side while i managed to create the proxy protected by API key.

In your documentatoin, x-apikey is mentioned, which might have been causing my own issue, but still need clarification from your support desk where I have been in touch.

It is understandable the API proxy need to return the JSON in the special format which Appsheet is able to consume to convert data / JSON to tabular format. From my point of view, most of APIs regarless of private or publich API will not be returning response in that format, so we need to place the Apigee API โ€œPolicyโ€ to convert into the desired format. In that case, we need to add โ€œJavascript Policyโ€ in the proxy settings. I managed to convert the original API response onto the format using JS policy, with API key protection. Passing API key as params of URL, and paste to URL on the browser. It returns the required result. However, when I attempted to add this API proxy as Apigee data source on Appsheet, I failed.

Converting JSON to Appsheet recommended format seems one of the essential step and set up. I understand it could be difficult to make a documation about it, but appreciate if you consider to add those contents to the upcoming docs.

Additional clarification to Special term โ€œx-apikeyโ€ is one of other things I would like to get the more detailed explanation wthin your docs.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hi @tsuji_koichi,

Iโ€™m sorry to be so delayed in responding. Somehow I missed your question.

The โ€œx-apikeyโ€ needs to be set in the Header, and not as a query parameter in your security policy in Apigee.

Also, regarding the data structure, we are looking into trying to make the data source more flexible to accept other formsโ€ฆbut it is still being worked out. If you have some sample API payloads you would like to recommend, we can use that as additional input.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes, this is now old post. After that, I called for direct support to Support@appsheet.com
The problem was the JSON body for response I got from this particualr API was not in a form Appsheet would accept. I managed to add Javascript policy for Apigee proxy set up and convert the form to a key value pair format and it break through at the end.

However, I m facing issue to set tup proxy and APIGEE connector on Appsheet side for Open API specs. I m asking for suppot to support desk so far no response for weeks. I just sent gentle reminders to keep the ball rolling.

@tsuji_koichi I will look for your ticket and see if we can get this rolling.

Thanks,
Scott

Here is the doc with instructionsโ€ฆhot off the press: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/4438873-apigee-data-source @Nelson_Cespedes

Hi,

@Scott_Haaland thank you for the insight, great stuff!!, I managed to add the connection for a sample endpoint products with the manual option. However, I am not able to make it work with the OpenApi spec option, even taking the sample OpenApi spec mention on the link.

If you have any other example with a simple OpenApi spec that I could follow, it would be great.

Regards,

Hi @Nelson_Cespedes, the sample OpenAPI spec should work, but you would need to have access to it through an API Key. It is meant to show you the structure of the spec, and the expected data schema as an example. You would have to have a back end implementation of this API and then change the URL for the API to point to your implementation to get this example working. Try using this link so that you can see the more readable format of the spec, and then you can adjust the spec to match your API more closely. https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/kurtkanaskie/persons-v1/1.0.0#/PersonsResponse.

Thanks,
Scott

Top Labels in this Space