App backup question: is there any way to back...

App backup question: is there any way to back up my app definition (tables, views, etc)? I can’t imagine a scenario where it will ever be deleted but I’d sleep better at night if I knew there was some way to back it up.

I’m currently signed up at the Premium level.

Thanks!

1 5 2,752
5 REPLIES 5

Well, appsheet is SAAS, so the backup without appsheet is useless… So, with that being said, appsheet naturally backups various versions in a way. Also you can setup a second free account,

copy the entire app to that account… Going further you could white label and download the APK…

Thanks @Grant_Stead. Yeah, copying the app may be the easiest. White-labeling seems to entail steps I’m not quite ready to take yet (but will look into). Thank you!

There are two reasons to keep a backup: (a) so that you snapshot a particular state of the app that you can go back to — i.e. you protect against your own subsequent changes in case you mess up, (b) so that you can restore it if the app is lost or deleted.

AppSheet only does logical deletes of apps. So if you delete an app by mistake, let us know and we can restore it. Also, we keep every version of every app, so you can always go back in your app version history.

Hi! The topic of backups for data came up recently but got me thinking about backups for apps. I found this thread and thought I would bring it out and dust it off.

The needs for backup described here are more from a developers perspective and align with what I would expect.

With many of us building businesses using the AppSheet platform, it would be good to know what the AppSheet strategy is for being able to restore apps in the case of a catastrophic event such as acts of nature (fire, floods, storms, etc) and, dare I say, cyber-attack.

Can anyone elaborate more on this?

@praveen thank you! Fantastic to know on both scenarios.

Top Labels in this Space