App created to receive data and generate a Re...

(Thoroughbred Eng) #1

App created to receive data and generate a Registration Number.

The Registration Number appears after App is synced.

Problem is that the Registration Numbers are created in numberical/ascending order and you have to scroll through all numbers to get the one you created. So if there are 100 registration numbers, you have to page through 100 to see yours.

Is there any way to reverse that so that the one you created last appears first??

here is the array formula if that helps - thank you!

=ArrayFormula(if( len(RC[-17]:R[102]C[-17]), “registration:TE18.” & text(row(RC[-17]:R[102]C[-17]) - row(RC[-17]) + 1, “1000”), iferror(1/0) ))

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

Is it possible to change that order in that table view (I assume) where you will be landed after filling the form?

(Thoroughbred Eng) #3

@Aleksi_Alkio I am not as savvy as you might like… so I have to ask where to find the “Table view” please.

(Aleksi Alkio) #4

Sorry… I didn’t explained it good enough. Would you please take a printscreen from that view (UX > Views) where I can see all views at the same time. One prtscr is enough then.

(Thoroughbred Eng) #5

I don’t know how to get the computer to do anything differently on UX - Views - I can’t make it smaller and I cannot find anything else to take a screenshot of. What am I missing? So sorry.

(Aleksi Alkio) #6

I mean this view

(Thoroughbred Eng) #7

This one?

(Thoroughbred Eng) #8

@Thoroughbred_Eng I found it! you are wonderful - and so patient! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

(Aleksi Alkio) #9

So…

1. Add a new table view for the TE Request Proposal 2) Choose position to ref 3) Choose the correct column in Sort by option 4) Choose the Descending as an order 5) Save the view Now when you save the form, you should see the list view in descending order where the latest record is in the top.
(Thoroughbred Eng) #10

Worked perfectly - thank you!

(Aleksi Alkio) #11

You’re welcome

(Aleksi Alkio) #12

You can call that table view also as a list view. It’s a view where you have all records listed row by row and you need to scroll in this case.

(Thoroughbred Eng) #13

@Aleksi_Alkio I do not know where to find that - is it a setting I can change? Thank you -

(Aleksi Alkio) #14

You can find it from UX > Views > Check the correct Table/View name

(Thoroughbred Eng) #15

@Aleksi_Alkio Which one would I select?

(Aleksi Alkio) #16

Would you please take a printscreen from your UX>View screen first.

(Thoroughbred Eng) #17
(Thoroughbred Eng) #18
(Thoroughbred Eng) #19