App Creator Control

EIG

Is there a way to remove an app creator from your account and block that user from creating apps in the future? They will still be an app user, I am just trying to prevent them from creating apps.

Solved Solved
0 12 751
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It will actually be a separate option in the Settings tab under My Team. It is set based on group membership. Here is what it looks like:

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

By definition, the App Creator is the owner of the account and has all rights and privileges to the account. If that other person is this App Creator then the account is technically theirs and not yours and you would not be able remove their app creating abilities.

Could you maybe have mis-used the term โ€œapp creatorโ€?

I might have mis-used it. I am referring to when you go to Appsheet > My Team > App Creators. If you own that domain (@ something . com), I would think you should have some kind of control mechanism in there to prevent users on that domain from just logging into Appsheet and then being able to create apps.

Edited to remove security issue example.

Oh I see! I wasnโ€™t thinking about your question from a Team perspective. I have not had the pleasure of using those features yet.

Hi EIG,

The ability to control app creation is on our near roadmap with delivery in Q3 of this year. Iโ€™d love to learn more about your use case - please feel free to connect with me at kamilaklimek@google.com. This way I can also make sure youโ€™re included in the early access to the feature.

@Kamila - currently, if a user shares viewer access of an application with you, there is no way to remove yourself from that app.

It would be nice to be able to remove editor/viewer access from applications that have been explicitly shared with you.

Hi Kamila,
Has the ability of control app creation by users within a domain launched?
Please help to share more details.

Thanks.

Hi Shing - the ability to restrict app creation and limit the permissions of team members to user-only is currently in testing and rollout. It should be available to enterprise customers by the end of the month.

Hi @kamila
Can we assume that you will add Policy Object to control this over?

It will actually be a separate option in the Settings tab under My Team. It is set based on group membership. Here is what it looks like:

Thank you for clarification.
It seems this features is only availavle for users with Google Workspace where Google Group can be used for auth and auth group, am i correct?

Thatโ€™s correct, similarly to Team Management, we currently rely on Google Workspace as the directory provider. Weโ€™re looking into expansion to additional directory providers, so if that is an obstacle for anyone, Iโ€™d love to talk to you!

Thank you .
Ideally, we better to have option just push list of email address to define who can create apps. This is because it is possible the organization is not utilizing Google Group for some reason (using MS for base Auth for AppSheet) and other reasons.

Top Labels in this Space