App does not scroll

On my android phone and tablet, the app does not scroll. But, it scrolls fine on the windows laptop. Any insight into why this may happen would be extremely helpfulโ€ฆ

1 36 2,796
36 REPLIES 36

Steve
Participant V

Thatโ€™s very odd! I recommend engaging support@appsheet.com on this one.

I reckon this is happening on mobile phone , it is unable to scroll up and down vertically where the table view is set to inline view. I will be sending a big fix request as well.

@steve

I tested few apps and all of them are scrolling fine. What device are you using? Appsheet app version?

Apple, I phone.

In general, Appsheet + Apple (iphone) combination seems to be unstable to me.

Okay thanks. Android seems to be working fine. @Martise_Armstrong are you using iPhone as well?

it happens only particular view. As far as I see, it happens on detail view with table view as inline. See my support request on email for details.

Just checked my app. I have multiple Detail views with inline table views, scrolling on the detail view works on my iPhone. If I view the inline table by itself, it still scrolls.

No, I am using a Samsung S7 phone. It seems to happen after I use the horizontal scrolling function. Perhaps there is a glitch with that that causes the scrolling to freeze up altogetherโ€ฆ

Im not able to find the exact steps to reproduce the problem, but it still continuously happens. Launch the app and go to the detail view, then it is working fine till then. Yes, as @Martise_Armstrong pointed out, turning around the mobile to landscape mode and back to portrail as well as swiping the detail view to next / previous pages, those action apparently cause the freeze of the views. To get out of the issue, re-launch the app, and it will work initially, but then all the sudden issue reoccurs.

Mine is doing the same thing if I restart my phone it works for a while but then out of nowhere it wonโ€™t scroll downโ€ฆI have a Samsung note 8

@Gil Any thoughts?

Lynn
Participant V

My client had trouble scrolling recently with his Samsung Galaxy J6

Steve
Participant V

Anyone experiencing this problem, please contact support@appsheet.com if you havenโ€™t already done so.

I sent support request few days back , but utterly no response for your guidance.

Weird. Let me check Koichi.
Itโ€™s the 3rd time in a row we hear such concern. I wonder if something is going on with Support@Appsheet.com being rerouted to Google inbox.
Let me investigate and get back to you Koichi

TDhers
Participant V

HI Koichi, I only found this one: โ€œ//Urgent // Amazon Cognito - unable to loginโ€
And then there is a nother case without title that you are in discussion with Phil Garrett, on.
Are you referring to a different email that either of these two Koichi?

Thierry

I just resent.

We have received a number of tickets about scrolling issues, but we are still trying to find the root cause.

Hi @Adam, thanks for attending to the case.
Sure. I patiently wait for a fix to come then.

I can confirm it is related to horizontal scrolling the inline table in detail view due to a regression in the mechanism that handles the detail view swipe gesture to go to the next record. A fix is on the way, I expect it will most likely will take effect tomorrow.

Oh, wonderful!

Thanks for the update!

Any update on this? On my iPhone when viewing table views, Its a real struggle to horizontally scroll. I can maybe get it to scroll one in 5 or 10 times when trying. Most times when I try to touch and swipe left / right to scroll it does nothing, sometimes it highlights the row and doesn't scroll, sometimes it works perfect. its not a performance issue or anything, once the scroll has started as long as I hold my finger down I can scroll back and forth perfectly with instant response. but when I lift my finger its a mission to get scroll started again. it really makes the app totally unusable on my iPhone. 

I see what you mean. It looks like there are a couple different problems underlying this. As a workaround, if you start scrolling vertically first and then shift to horizontal, that seems to work pretty consistently for me. But I'll see if we can get a fix out soon.

I am using google pixel 7, and scrolling down doesn't work for me, any ideas?

We are expriencing the same situation... we cannot scroll down?!?... Is there any update... Why this happen and how to fix this?!.. 

When we rotate the cell in landscape mode it work... but in Portrait it doesn't work....?!?

GMC
Observer

Experiencing the same problem here!

As a work around... clearing the cache and data seems to work after

my app started with the problem today without having made any changes,
it does not allow me to scroll in certain views (some dashboards, not all).

Clear cache and login again only worked for the main account.
If I log in with the main account on my phone it allows me to scroll but if I log in with another account it doesn't allow me to scroll

Dashboards seem to be able to scroll but the detail views inside them don't.

Clear cache and login again only worked on my phone with the main account, on other devices it didn't work even starting with the main account

Desktop view works fine whether or not Desktop mode (Preview) is enabled

Any other ideas on how to fix it?

It seems that the problem also has to do with Use tabs in mobile view being enabled

I am having the same issue, I deleted the app and reinstalled this seemed to work for a short period. My app also throws a not scrollable error on desktop when I remove "Sales Related" which is a table as an inline view.

I have the same problem, I have been able to verify that in vertical mode it does not scroll, but in horizontal mode it does.

CarlosBr
Participant I

The bugs is when is when the use the tab in mobile view is turned on. Just switch off and the dashboard will work. 

Is there any fix on this?!?.... I don't want to turned off the "Use tabs in mobile view" on every view... right now our app is unfunctionnal if we don't do so...

Any update?... please

Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space