App Editor Glitchy Today?

David_Ames
Participant IV

Is anyone else experiencing glitches in the App Editor today (Friday 6/280?

A format rule I’m creating is showing up correctly while I’m selecting the items to format. But as soon as I hit “Save” the format reverts back to like it was before I created the rule.

It’s like it’s not saving my changes.

0 7 856
7 REPLIES 7

Have you checked what it says right after the save from Info > Errors?

Yes. Nothing is noted there.

David_Ames
Participant IV

(I’m discovering more weird things happening with my format rules that makes me think there is a bug. It’s like my changes won’t stick!)

I have more than one table in the app, with different data, but identical column structures.

So, I’ve been copying format rules from one table to another, and each time, every rule has worked. Except for this one that I copied today. The format changes show up in the preview just fine, after I set which table the copied rule applies to, but when I hit “save”, the changes disappear…they go back to being unformatted.

I’ve deleted the new rule, and copied the rule again, about 10 times today with no success. I even deleted the rule and created it from scratch many times. Nothing.

Has anyone else been experiencing strange behaviors in the editor?

What kind of format rule are you trying to create? Formula?

I’ve posted recently about a couple of issues I’ve noticed with format rules. Your issue sounds different but since these all relate to format rules, it might be good for someone at AppSheet to look at them together.

David_Ames
Participant IV

It’s a very simple formula that changes the font color and size of one word. I have successfully created the rule 17 other times across 5 different tables. Even 3 other “change font color” rules were applied successfully to this same table that I’m having the issue with. It’s not the rule itself that is the problem, because I’ve copied the rule from other tables (and changed the parameters to apply to the correct table, of course), and because the changes appear in the preview (see screenshot).

But once I hit “Save” the formatting reverts back, like the rule was never created to begin with. (see other screenshot).

The word “DONE?”

After hitting “Save”

2X_0_0e512ca513a97aaac191294f8ab2cd255b7d92ae.png

Thank you!

David_Ames
Participant IV

I discovered a work-around, which actually seems a safer way to tell this rule which words (columns) to format. I still don’t know why the rule worked in 4 other tables and not in the 5th one. But I think I will go back to the other 4 tables and rework each rule, since I feel like this is a better way to point to the desired text.

Thanks for the input from everyone!

Top Labels in this Space