App keeps timing out when syncing

When syncing my app, it keeps timing out. It has done this since yesterday. This did not start until I tried to add a “LIST” type. It will sync if the formula is incorrect to give me error but it will not sync when everything is entered correctly?

Any ideas?

0 6 288
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It’s possible your recent change included a virtual column with a complex App formula expression that requires a great deal of computation to complete. This is a common problem, but not always easily fixed–except by removing the virtual column.

Can you provide more details on your recent change?

I did add a virtual column, with list type. That is when it started happening. I am trying to take several different columns in my excel spreadsheet, and get an end result on the app that displays the several different columns.

Example:
(Excel spreadsheet)
Column 1 - music
Column 2 - songs
Column 3 - artist
Column 4 - singer

(App sheet)
Column result - music
songs
artist
singer

Is there a certain formula for this?

4h

I did add a virtual column, with list type. That is when it started happening. I am trying to take several different columns in my excel spreadsheet, and get an end result on the app that displays the several different columns.

Example:
(Excel spreadsheet)
Column 1 - music
Column 2 - songs
Column 3 - artist
Column 4 - singer

(App sheet)
Column result - music
songs
artist
singer

Is there a certain formula for this?

Probably, but you haven’t provided enough detail to provide further guidance.

What all do you need?

Michael

I don’t understand what this means, exactly. What are you trying to accomplish?

Please also post screenshots of the column lists (from Data >> Columns in the app editor) of the involved tables, to include at least the key and label columns of each table.

Top Labels in this Space