App sync is very slow: up to 60 seconds. Is ...

App sync is very slow: up to 60 seconds.

Is there a reason to? Did I made the app to big/ to much formulas/ … Or is it the amount of data through google sheets that is slowing down the app sync?

Thx Bram

0 9 1,722
9 REPLIES 9

Have you checked the performance profile? help.appsheet.com - Performance Profile

General performance info here: https://help.appsheet.com/performance-scale-reliability/performance/introduction-to-performance-in-a... Performance Profile help.appsheet.com

Hej Sarah …

I’ve had a look to the performance profile and I see that it’s the virtual columns who takes a lot of time.

In these columns I make a sum of values of other columns…

Is it better to eleminate this kind of sums?

Bram

This is the sum I’ve made: =Sum(Select(Registration[RDV], AND(USEREMAIL()=[Usermail], [Année]=2017)))

If you have a lot of data, have a virtual column go through every row and perform a calculation can take a while. You might be able to speed things up if you can create a Slice instead of using a SELECT expression - that way the rows are pre-selected, and your sum only needs to run on the relevant rows.

Thx @Sarah_Gould_AppSheet

Is it possible to make a sum formula in a slice?

Do you mean to make the sum in the basic table and than filter through the row filter condition of the slice? But than the sum is not only running through the relevant rows.

Thx… Bram

Sorry, I wasn’t clear: you could make a slice with the condition you’re using in your select expression: =AND(USEREMAIL()=[Usermail], [Année]=2017). Then your SUM expression would be something like =SUM(Registration_Slice[RDV]).

Thx a lot Sarah …

I think this is part of a very good solution for me.

I tried this out but get this error:

See picture …

The problem is that I don’t find the expression mensionned in the error?

Thx Bram

I’m sorry Sarah … I did something wrong! Now I’ve got it …

Thx a lot! Bram

“Expression appears to be part of a cycle” happens when you have expressions that refer back to themselves; for example if a column with an expression gets a value from another column, which in turn gets a value from the first column, it creates an infinite loop. It can go through more steps than this, though, making cycles extremely tricky to unravel.

In your case, though, it might be simpler than that. It looks like [Lieu]=[Lieu] should maybe be [Lieu]=[_THISROW].[Lieu]

Top Labels in this Space