App takes so long after clicking save button (Delayed Sync activated)

Hi everyone.

I have an app with several views. At one of these, when user clicks the button for save, it hangs and takes several seconds to return to the table view. Some times even shows a browser message saying that page doesnโ€™t respond. This happens before I click the sync button.

If I do this at another form, after clicking save button, it does everything quickly. I recorded a video that shows this behavior with both forms.

Saving Issue

I deleted all workflows applying to that table, but stills the same.

As I know, can take some time when i click the sync button, but not when i click save button.

Also I have Setup as follows:

Cloud SQL database
Enabled Delayed Sync
Enabled Server caching

Iโ€™m attaching an image with sync setup.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

1 6 602
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Do you have a Form Saved event action attached to the form?

How large is your data set?

Hi Steve, thanks for answering.

The table had 14,463 rows with 44 columns. With that size, saving took about 30 seconds. I did a backup and reduce to 3,680 rows. Also deleted 2 table indexes and after, the time saving has been reduced to 9 seconds (which i still think itโ€™s a lot) .

I have some actions attached to the table, but all of them were called by a workflow that has been already deleted.

As I explain, I believed that actions and workflow were running in background after the user clicked the save button.

Also, when I try it at cell phone the app screen stay like this, after clicking save:

The only solution was reinstall the appsheet app.

I hope you can give me another tip.

Thanks!

Iโ€™m also experiencing this issue, did you ever get it resolved?
I had a lot of virtual columns in my tables which Iโ€™ve changed to physical columns, which are updated through Form Saved actions. Yet to get some clear definition on when virtual columns are preferable against physical columns?

My datasets are quite large, and have a lot of ref related columns, but I have looked at all of the formulas to make them as efficient as possible. Is the lag between clicking save due to all the actions occurring?

Hi Josephine.

I contacted Support, and they concluded that the issue is about the number of rows. We have another App with more than 30,000 rows and some times is very slow. The only solution I have found is to limit the number of rows, by using security filters or by moving a group of rows to an historic table. Not always this solutions are possible, but you can try.

Reducing virtual columns by using physical can help, but the issue is more related to the number of rows. What I have observed is that at 4,000 rows the app starts to get slow (Our one of our rows have +100 physical columns). This is because AppSheet is getting a set of these rows on the device so the app could work offline.

I hope this can help you.

Greetings

why does the app sync full data everytime its synced? is there anyway to only fetch when needed? like when a form is selected, it only fetches data/images for that row?

cedsys_0-1666377709251.jpeg

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@cedsys wrote:

why does the app sync full data everytime its synced?

It just does, I don't know why.

@cedsys wrote:

is there anyway to only fetch when needed?

Nope.

Top Labels in this Space