Application Behaviour on Android Mobile Phone and Desktop

I have developed an App in which the user can upload any file type like PDF, Excel, Word, Image. When I open the record in App in desktop, I am able to see all file types, either it opens or downloads.

However, on Android mobile phone, Excel and Word file neither opens nor downloads. It just opens a blank white page.

Please help solve this issue.

Rajan

0 6 251
6 REPLIES 6

May I ask with which Android application you have set as the default application for Excel and Word?

Hello LeventK,

The app has a form which allows user to upload multiple attachments in a form. When in a workflow, another user sees the attachments, and on clicking on the file icon, the app either opens or downloads the Excel / Word file on desktop. However, this does not happen when App is opened on android mobile phone.

3X_f_9_f9cb25e0fd99dcbb60603be2ce3123b920c69de6.png

@Rajan_PACHCHIGAR
I repeat my question; which Android application you have set as the default application for Excel and Word in your mobile device? Provided you havenโ€™t set any, then the behaviour is odd, if you had set it on the contrary it should open the file in that default mobile application.

Hello LeventK,

Earlier I did not set any default application on mobile device. But, I then set it to MS Excel, then also it did not open.

Even I set default to sheet, then also it does not open Excel. Just a blank white page.

I am facing the same problem. MS word attachment are not opening in android

Top Labels in this Space