Apps not running !?

Now I cannot open any apps, only blank white screen appears. Has anyone seen something like this?

0 54 857
54 REPLIES 54

I just noticed this problem. In my case, my apps run on my phone but not in a browser. I can open the app but I canโ€™t use actions in the browser to write to the sheet.

This is happening on both Windows & Android phone.

The editors can be open but the emu has the same problem.

Itโ€™s strange. On one of my apps, I canโ€™t write to the spreadsheet via the browser. On another app of mine, however, it works in the browser.

As I wrote before, everything is OK on my phone.

Could this be a bug associated with a partial rollout of some change?

I just sent a notice to support.

Oh thank you sir.

Sure. Do your apps work on a mobile device? Iโ€™ve only experienced the problem in my computer browser.

Iโ€™ve few apps. Theyโ€™re not working on both android phones & Windows browsers.

In my case, the main app Iโ€™m working on wonโ€™t write data through a browser or in my Android device but it will do so through my iPhone.

Iโ€™ve gotten a response from Support and have sent the ID of the app Iโ€™m having a problem with.

Hi @Takuya_Miyai ! Are your apps working in your browser?

Hi @Kirk_Masden

I have only been able to check a few applications, but so far they seem to be fine.
I can also add records to the spreadsheet from a PC browser.

I see. Thanks! The person helping me on support seems to be able to do everything that on my app that I canโ€™t do. Very strange.

Please note that there were no any changes made to my apps. Theyโ€™re just not working in sudden.

@Kirk_Masden
@Swoopy

I was not able to reproduce the problem with Enterprise, Core, and Free licensed apps.

Maybe the problem is dependent on our local PC or browser.
By the way, my environment is the latest Chrome on Windows10.

Chrome, Firefox, Opera & Edge browsers. None of them is running any apps in my case.

So far, Support has not been able to replicate the problem on my app. Perhaps you should have them test you apps.

Iโ€™ve sent a support request.

This is serious right now as all users cannot access their data for over 5 hours !

Could you poke some Appsheet staffs? (I dunno any )

Iโ€™m experiencing this error too! Itโ€™s temporarily updating the value in app but thereโ€™s no pending sync. And when I refresh the app, it rolls back the value of that specific field that I just updated.

One of my app can be open partially/incompletely (no main view tabs, some menu items missing, etc.). I tried using a view having โ€˜quick editโ€™ value, itโ€™s saved successfully to google sheet.

I canโ€™t reproduce this in my environment, so Iโ€™ll have to isolate them one by one.

• Different apps (copy and create)
  • Different OS (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.)
  • Different PC (my PC, my daughterโ€™s PC, my studentโ€™s PC, etc.)
  • Different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
  • Different networks (home network, 4G connection)
  • And other different things

The browser doesnโ€™t seem to be relevant from @Swoopy report.
If the problem is not reproduced in all of them, it is likely to be caused by the AppSheet server.

It would be Appsheetโ€™s server problem because,

1.All apps were working fine up to yesterday.

2.All users are not able to open apps today (this reflects various factors/environments including networks, OSโ€™s & devices).

Note: No any edits have been made to all apps. And the linked Google sheet files can be used normally.

Hi @Swoopy

Does the same problem occur in another app that copies the problematic app?

If that solves the problem, then it is indeed a problem with the AppSheet server.
However, contacting Support about it may help speed up the resolution of the problem.

I donโ€™t need to mess things up because there has been no changes made in any apps. Itโ€™s clearly that there is something wrong on Appsheet side.

Hereโ€™s a video of what I am experiencing. In my case, the app seems to work but data is not being recorded to the sheet. Note that no numbers appear in an orange circle to indicate that data will be synced:

3X_6_e_6e6e9ac46947cbec92b28c9078ed178ff50c6692.gif

Appsheet need to review what they were doing in previous 24 hours.

People on free accounts (like me) often get rollouts before people on other accounts. So, perhaps that is why some of us are experiencing the problem but others are not.

As I think you have already noticed, I just posted about this here:

I logged into another account I have and opened an earlier version of the app Iโ€™m having a problem with now. It seems to be fine. Strange . . .

We urgently need Appsheet team to respond to this situation. Itโ€™s beyond what we could do.

My impression is that they are working on it. Itโ€™s very late at night in Seattle. I hope they have competent people who can take appropriate action right away. Fortunately, Iโ€™m getting a good response to my Support inquiry, though an answer hasnโ€™t been found yet.

Please give this to them. I still have faith in Appsheet.

Weโ€™re also experiencing this error in Enterprise account

This particular kind of problem is new for me. Based on past experience (this is, with other kinds of issues), I suspect that the good people at AppSheet are taking this problem seriously and working on it. For me personally, a few hours or even a day without the use of my app is not a huge problem but Iโ€™m worried that it may be a significant issue for you, @June_Corpuz , and @Swoopy and other creators using the app in business settings. I hope the problem can be resolved soon.

The little gif I just posted shows what you and I are experiencing.

Iโ€™ve got only 1 app working. Itโ€™s very small apps linked to 2 spreadsheets (60 rows + 10 rows).

Moreover, none of users can open my apps. Thisโ€™s not just happening to me but to all users.

Iโ€™m getting this message

The right emulator is dead as well on the Appsheet editor.

Top Labels in this Space