AppSheet Automation Issue, call webhook, Image not always showing in webhook Embeds

Sometimes the embedded images do not show, it seems pretty random. Happens on webhooks with single embeds, and with multiple embeds.
Here’s an example - the green circled embed is proper, the red circled embeds are improper.

Solved Solved
0 10 360
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yep, kinda what I suspected. Those images would be served to app users by AppSheet, and would therefore be subject to the limitations I mentioned. I encourage you to engage Support directly for help with this, as I believe it to be an internal issue, not something you yourself can affect.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Happened again since my post

Thanks in advance for any assistance! This issue continues to persist and is pretty annoying.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What has this to do with AppSheet?

The webhook message is being posted by an appsheet automation

Is this somehow not relevant to appsheet then? I figured since appsheet automation is posting the webhook message that this would be.

I see absolutely nothing in anything you’ve posted that points to anything in AppSheet, other than your assertion that AppSheet is involved. Do you have some screenshots of an AppSheet error? Of some AppSheet configuration? of ANYTHING that even APPEARS to have something to do with AppSheet?

When a record is updated>run a task>call a webhook.
Body:

{
  "username": "[RdR] <<Your Name:>>",
  "avatar_url": "https://res.cloudinary.com/raidersfam/image/upload/v1627825239/Original_size_Bot_PFP_ddmh7w.png",
  "content": "<<X1 or X2:>> vs. <<Opponent Name:>><<Fort/Castle:>> <<Fort Position:>> - <<Notes:>> <@&646488027669069826>",
  "embeds": [{
    "image": {
      "url": "<<Screenshot:>>"
    }
  }]
}

Sometimes the embedded image shows, and sometimes it does not - as seen in the above screenshots. I apologize for my confusion if this is somehow not relevant or related to AppSheet; I assumed because AppSheet is posting the message that it could possibly be.

AppSheet has definite-but-poorly-described limitations serving large numbers of images in a short span of time. The limits appear to be triggered even across users, so you can be affected if you aren’t serving lots of images but someone else is. I suspect the limit only affect images served through AppSheet. Can you provide an example of a typical Screenshot: column value?

Post Results_Images/09-10-2021.Screenshot 1- (Matchup).121150.png

\n

Post Results_Images/18-14-05.Screenshot 1- (Matchup).221620.jpg

These are some examples of typical values, added from mobile through the Share Matchup_Form on the app.

Thank you

Yep, kinda what I suspected. Those images would be served to app users by AppSheet, and would therefore be subject to the limitations I mentioned. I encourage you to engage Support directly for help with this, as I believe it to be an internal issue, not something you yourself can affect.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Top Labels in this Space