AppSheet email footer

AdemarN
Participant IV

Is there a way to not have the “Powered by AppSheet” in the email footer of an email Action?

0 17 471
17 REPLIES 17

You can not remove that logo . No workaround available neither.

Peter_Bernsen
Participant III

Is this still the case? Client does not want this

No, you still not able to remove logo.

Possible workarounds:

1. send to an intermediary email-processing node and resend from there.
  2. do not use AppSheet to send emails, send from another mail service that has access to your data.
  3. if you don't have another mail service, you can use any of the numerous automation tools to link your data to a Gmail account of yours for example that you can use to send html emails. 

Peter_Bernsen
Participant III

@Joseph_Seddik Thanks for your reply. My client has a business account from Google, so your Gmail workaround will be preferabele. What automation tool would you recommend. Is it something like ITTT or Zapier?

Yes IFTTT or Zapier. I use IFTTT but Zapier is as good. If you've never used any of them, I suggest that you choose based on the cheapest option based on your needs. 

Peter_Bernsen
Participant III

Hi @Joseph_Seddik, do you an idea when there is a bot that triggers an email to be sent WITH an attachment. Example is an  email with an attached order confirmation. I choose for Zapier because there is a predefined connection with Appsheet. It didn't give me a solution.  

Hi @Peter_Bernsen, couple of days ago I discovered that most Gmail triggers in IFTTT are unfortunately no longer available. I was looking for this post, thank you!

You might also want to check https://www.make.com/en/templates, this is another automator suggested by @SkrOYC with seemingly better pricing and good Gmail-Google Sheets integration. 

Peter_Bernsen
Participant III

I got some feedback from Appsheet support. It looks like a long shot😥. This is what to do? I don't know where to start: 

It would be possible to create a webhook that send the data to create an attachment via a Zapier webhook that invokes some third party service to create the attachment. The webhook could send the URL of an attachment file to Zapier, but not sure the recipient Zapier process could access it. It would work if the URL referred to a public URL but not sure retrieval of a TableFileURL would work for security reasons. You could not include the attachment in the body of the webhook. We don't have a way to include an attachment and not sure Zapier has a way to retrieve it if we did. But with the scripting you can do it of course.

Peter_Bernsen
Participant III

Hi @Joseph_Seddik ,@SkrOYC@Coile@Koichi_Tsuji  could you help me with a solution. The goal is to get rid of the <noreply@appsheet.com> in generated Emails.

The appsheet user uses Google workspace. Gmail and Drive
20 Bots now generate emails that contain:

• Personalized  information in subject/from/to/body etc..
  • PDF-attachment(s) with confirmations, generated from Google docs.
  • Datasource G-sheet

I want to use zapier because it is the most supported platform I think by Appsheet and futurewise. I have seen a Trello integration but was not helpfull enough. Perhaps make.com  could do the trick?

Hope to hear from you.

For later:
An other topic is to have a better PDF-creator because the Appsheet solution to bad to make a good looking PDF. I have seen a solution but it is very complex.

Best summer regards, Peter 

Netherlands

@Peter_Bernsen With the relatively-recent integration of Google Apps Script into AppSheet, now you can just have a GAS script to handle email sending, and launch it from an AppSheet bot. 

As for the PDF, I don't believe AppSheet has anything to do with how the PDF looks. You design your template visually the way you want it to be, while AppSheet just fills in the blanks using the template formulas. There is nothing in AppSheet that would control any formatting aspect a part from the margins maybe. 

SkrOYC
Participant V

@Peter_Bernsen wrote:

I have seen a solution but it is very complex

Are you talking about the HTML+CSS posts I made? Because I'm half-way writting Part 3 and I already have had some success on a Part 4 that will make use of DocRaptor + Make (aka Integromat) from AppSheet.

I think Part 3 will help a lot and I can help you make a simple template if you need

Peter_Bernsen
Participant III

Hi @SkrOYC It would be great to start with that simple template with DocRaptor and Make. With applications I can start for free and the prices are not that what I wrote earlier. So this would be a good solution!

Steve
Participant V

@Joseph_Seddik wrote:

There is nothing in AppSheet that would control any formatting aspect a part from the margins maybe. 

Margins and page size, I believe.

Yes, Page Size is the only important one, as well as orientation.
Margins can be controlled in the template itself

SkrOYC
Participant V

@SkrOYC wrote:

I think Part 3 will help a lot and I can help you make a simple template if you need

Btw @Peter_Bernsen, here it is:
Part 3: Pixel perfect reports with Skia (AppSheet'... - Google Cloud Community

Peter_Bernsen
Participant III

Hi @SkrOYC I mail now with the product of Zenphi and works fine. It does not have a good HTML for the design but it mails with the Google workspace mailaddress and not noreply appsheet.

Top Labels in this Space