Appsheet: Experiencing delays in email delivery

Update: 12:45 PM PDT
We are seeing increased latencies in delivering emails. This is due to few sender patterns causing a email backlog. We are looking at bringing the system to normalcy.

Impact:
All the email deliveries using “System Default” provider should be normal now…

3 12 768
12 REPLIES 12

its has also stopped sending automated text messages from workflow

Yes - it is impacting our SMS messaging as well.

We are experiencing only missing emails from our West Coast App users today.

All our missing emails from throughout today were delivered half an hour ago.

What is the current status of the issue please as I have over 100+ apps with clients and to change workflows back to Mandrill, then check back to this site to see when/if the fault has been corrected, then change 100+ apps back to Default again is not very feasible as a work around!!
It’s 9am where I am and users have been logging in for a couple of hrs and no workflows??
Will all workflow emails not currently sent be sent once corrected?
Thank you

In preparation for this kinds of outage for email service downtime , could you shift this via channel setttings to global settings under the account? Changing this setting for hundreds apps with us is not making sense, as it just kills our time all the time when this happens. @Harsh_Ch

I agree with your solution for email downtime. It seems some of the techs are not aware of the broad developer customer base Appsheet have and our issues at large.

I requested a global account change recently as workflow images were changing sizes for no obvious reason. I thought it was due to the System Default but it made little effect using Mandrill either. I felt all my apps were changed to Mandrill but this did not occur as I was advised it had been.

Emails are coming through.
Many Thanks

We have rolled out a fix and we are currently processing the backlog of messages. It should be back to normal in about an hour. I’ll update again once its back to normal. Everything should work as it should starting then.

Thanks,

• Sai

Hi, @Sai

Thank you.
I have confirmed that email alerts are notified in almost real time with the System default setting.

We have identified the root cause where few bad addresses resulted in email backlog. We have since rolled out fixes and this should fix the issue.

Our system did catch these issues but most the email requests were already in the queue. We are working on a more nuanced retries going forward.

Everything has been back to normal and the pipelines are working as they should. You can revert your workflows to use System Default and everything should be back to normal.

Thanks,

• Sai