Appsheet MYSQL - Failed to establish connection ERROR

Im trying to access my database for my appsheet application. (Note: I did not set this up and Im trying to figure this out as the person who set this whole application up has left .)

I need to change some things in the database, so I went to the “Modify an existing data source”
section, clicked on the cloud database, and when I click “TEST”, I get this error:

Error
Failed to establish connection. Details: One or more SQL errors has been encountered: AppSheet does not have permission to connect to the database. Please add AppSheet’s IP addresses from Managing IP Addresses and Firewall Information | AppSheet Help Center to the database firewall.

So my question is, where exactly do I add these IPS? is it on the computers firewall itself, is there a section on the MYSQL application where this gets added?

Ive also tried going on the MYSQL app and trying to connect to the database and it also doesnt seem to work.

Please assist if possible, thanks!

0 1 1,075
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Jason_Osborn

The answer is that you need to configure it in all Firewalls from the Internet to the corresponding MySQL.

Usually, if you configure it on the Router, it will work in most cases.
If the problem is not solved by just configuring the Router, the only way to check is to apply the same settings to the L3switch between the MySQLServer and the Router, the OS of the MySQLServer, and the application of the MySQLServer.

In addition, if you are using GCP Cloud SQL, the following Post may be helpful.

Top Labels in this Space