AppSheet Office Hours S1E5 - January 18, 2018...

AppSheet Office Hours S1E5 - January 18, 2018

We held another episode of AppSheet Office Hours last Thursday. Here are the questions that we covered:

What are your own big plans for AppSheet in 2018? | 2:50

I have a B2C app - is there a plan that will allow me to add customers in an automated processโ€ฆsome way of authenticating and provisioning users? | 8:07

As data and analytics become more prevalent, do you have plans to add more variations of analytics and charts? | 11:56

Will you be developing the option for adding audio clips as an input? | 16:00

Is there any timeline for when a calendar view might be functional or for some sort of show integration of something like a Google Calendar? | 17:00

Could it be possible to show polygon arrays (based on latlong

coordinates) in a map? | 18:09

Is it possible to create an app that can calculate distances between

two addresses in Google Maps? | 19:20

Are there any variables in AppSheet and can you take a value from a

field in a row, assign it to a variable, and use it later in a different or

a new row? | 21:40

Is there a way to use the same report to email each building manager the specific work orders just for their building that were entered into the system the previous day? | 23:45

Is this app available for people to just copy and get? (followup) | 32:57

Is it possible to send an extract of the Excel sheet itself, maybe as an

attachment or maybe just a table inside of the report? (followup) | 37:34

Alternatively, could you just create separate reports for each manager and use a filter? (followup) | 40:09

When is AppSheet going to gain the ability to add rows to other tables as part of some sort of scheduled action? | 42:36

Why isnโ€™t this app posting my questions? | 45:20

Is there any functionality in AppSheet to calculate the area enclosed in latlong coordinates? | 47:55

Do you have any plans to allow us to edit data in table views (like you

would in Google Sheets)? | 49:26

Can I integrate a Sheet by Google data base and sheet by Smartsheet

in the same app? | 50:53

I would like to create one app that can be used multiple times for

different data sets based on the userโ€™s choice (i.e. list gold courses in

1. the UK, 2) the US, etc). Where would I find the instructions on how to do this? | 51:49

Can you please elaborate on the "modular designโ€™ as part of your 2018 plans? | 56:02

0 2 352
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

@Madeline_Clarke_AppS

(New girl?)

Great list, and THANKS for the timing breakdown, very helpful!

tony1
Participant V

@Stephen_Mattison The AppSheet team is made up of adults, so Iโ€™m sure you meant to say โ€œwomanโ€ instead

But I agree, Office Hours have been great so far. I encourage everyone in the community to ask any questions they have about AppSheet and weโ€™ll answer them Live! Itโ€™s a lot of fun, and we do them every week.

If you canโ€™t make it, we post videos and links to particular questions, just like Madeline did here.

Post your Office Hours questions here: https://www.appsheet.com/start/70713d15-74a5-42fc-814c-8b39632c0efc

And sign up for the Office Hours webinars here: https://solutions.appsheet.com/office-hours

Top Labels in this Space