Appsheet should announce weekly bug fixes and any service update in detail

It will be nice if we can get the list of bug fixes, improvements and any change at AppSheet side. (Something like games patches )

So when we encounter any unexpected behavior at our Apps, we can reference back to those fixes and see anything could be related.

The announcement should be in detail.

For example, the values in a list got trimmed of white-spaces but it no longer does that now. So we need that kind of detail

Thanks in advance

FYI- @praveen

Status Open
0 8 197
8 Comments
TDhers
jcadence
Staff

Hi @Steven_Aung

The new Feature Release Notes category includes many of our bug fixes with a brief description. If you haven’t had a chance to I highly encourage you too and let us know if this is helpful or not.

https://community.appsheet.com/c/feature-release-notes/25

Steven_Aung
Silver 2
Silver 2

That’s helpful for the feature release side but we also need more detail on bug fixes and any change in existing functions which could greatly impact our live apps.

So keep up with the announcements but please add more detail

Steven_Aung
Silver 2
Silver 2

Bug fix: Read EnumList values for Airtable Impacted Creators have been notified. Deployed to all

Not sure that fix also have impact on one issue I found this morning.
I do not use airtable but the values in a Enum list generated by Valid_if expression was trimmed of white-spaces but it no longer trim those values now. We need that kind of details
(Sorry I updated the above line. I mixed up when it was trimmed)

Steven_Aung
Silver 2
Silver 2

Another issue I found today is how Appsheet check list memeber.

It used to be that LIST([REF EMAIL] , USEREMAIL()) would be working fine. [Ref Email] is a reference to another table whose key is email.

Hi @JCadence,

After this week update, it will show us as error because of mismatch types. To fix it, it should be written as
LIST(TEXT([REF EMAIL]) , TEXT(USEREMAIL())). Basically, have convert both entries to text.

I am OK with the update itself. Always welcome stronger check on expression.

The thing is there’s no official notices talking about those changes.

Jonathan_S

Doesn’t look like this is being kept up to date, has nothing happened for over 6 weeks?

jcadence
Staff

We tried switching up systems but I think releases are being posted to the “announcements” section rather than “feature release” We’ll get to the bottom of it

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager