@Appsheet team. Extremely pleased with the new look n feel

Jonathan_S
Participant V

App-sheet Team

seems like all my apps are being updated to the new look and feel and gotta say Im really impressed. looking real FRESH. A++

11 9 518
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

Agreed.

Yes, the new UI look is definitely slicker.

I am sure AppSheet team is all ears to the community feedback.

I believe as per the material design guidelines , the data table headings are a bit bolder. Currently, it is difficult to differentiate between headings and table rows in the table view. Request AppSheet team to consider the request.

Minor edits in the description above.

One more observation. In the table view, it is not possible to distinguish between the column heading, the group by column data, and the row data that follows. All three have almost the same font size, font color and background color,

I fully agree, friend.

LeventK
Participant V

Ditto @Suvrutt_Gurjar. Besides, it could also be better provided thereโ€™s an indentation between the top level grouping and the sub-groupings if any.

@macastan,

May I request your guidance on the above observations?

Thank you

@Suvrutt_Gurjar, I think youโ€™re right and having a more clear differentiation between different types of โ€œrowsโ€ makes much sense for the Table View. This week many folks on the team are out but I will bring this to our design meeting next week to see what is the best path forward. Will keep you posted.

Maria

Thank you @macastan. Really appreciate.

@macastan,

An observation today has been in show type columns, section header category. If the text extends more than one line, it is getting truncated for the second line in the mobile view.

In the desktop dashboard view, it was fine but I did not test if it gets truncated in desktop view as well if the string is longer than even what I tested.

Edit: This is happening if the format rules are applied to the section header column to increase the font size from 1 to 1.2 If I remove the format rules, it seems to be fine in mobile view as well.

Top Labels in this Space