AppSheet scheduled maintenance window

Hello everyone,

AppSheet will perform maintenance work to migrate our infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform on the following days:

• Saturday, August 22, 2020, 11am - 3pm PDT (6pm - 10pm GMT)
  • Saturday, August 29, 2020, 11am - 3pm PDT (6pm - 10pm GMT)
  • Saturday, September 5, 2020, 11am - 6pm PDT (6pm - 1am GMT)

During these times, App Creators wonโ€™t be able to access the Editor or make changes to the app definitions. Existing app users will not be impacted and can still use the applications at these times.

New app users and app creators will not be able to sign up for AppSheet during this time.

This is a rare event - weโ€™re sorry for any inconvenience to you. This work will allow us to integrate with other Google services and continue to expand the functionality of the platform.

I will be updating you on the status of the Editor outage live in this thread. Please reach out to support@appsheet.com if you encounter any issues with your live apps.

Thanks,

Kamila & the AppSheet Team

11 61 4,012
61 REPLIES 61

Indeed. Iโ€™ve been using the AppSheet platform for over 5 years now and itโ€™s never been shut down for a 4 hour window.

For me, itโ€™s a welcome rare event - one that will bring with it many possibilities for the future.

Thanks, I appreciate the support!

one giant leap for mankind!!!

Praying for a smooth and complication free migration.

Thank you Lucinda!

Awesome. This lights a hope in my soul for some truly amazing functionality to come. The possibility of it turning into a raging fire of yearning by the 3rd Saturday is very possible.

Great! No bugs on the journey!

Lets hope not. Exciting times!

Thanks for the support everyone!

I added one clarifying update: new app creators and app users wonโ€™t be able to sign up for AppSheet during this time. In practice, it means that if a user that is completely new to AppSheet needs to access one of your apps, and has to create an AppSheet account in the process, they wonโ€™t be able to do it during this maintenance window. We will make sure this is communicated to any new users that are affected.

Hi is this happening at present, notice my apps are working but when I log into our account I cant find my apps it shows zero apps in our accountโ€ฆ

Do you mind contacting us at support@appsheet.com if you are still experiencing issues? This will let us request more information about the account and troubleshoot. We wouldnโ€™t expect any such issues after this Saturday, but I do want to look into it.

Is todayโ€™s maintenance complete? Thought there might be an announcement when finished.

Yes, our maintenance for this week was completed at 12pm. Apology about the delay in letting you know.

Hi Kamila
I read the manintenance is over but I still cannot log in to my account
I got this message:

Should i reach support team?
Regards
Claudio

Yes

Thank you for the response Steve - Claudio, definitely, you should reach out to the support team. The error in the screenshot would indicate that this is a custom setting enforced by your organizationโ€™s admin - our support team will be able to look into your accountโ€™s set up and troubleshoot with you. Thanks for letting us know.

We extended the scheduled maintenance to one more Saturday (September 5). I included the information in the post above. An additional week helps us incorporate what we have learned so far into the process. Thank you all for your support so far!

Are you going to try to migrate to Google Cloud again this Sat? Has the latency issues been solved?

Martina, we deployed a fix for the latency issue while we work on a long term solution, so we expect that your issues should be resolved. If you continue to see problems with it, please let us know at support@appsheet.com.

That was one of the reasons why we extended the migration by one week, adding scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 5 - it gives us more time to monitor the transition and catch similar instabilities before they become a similar problem.

Thanks Kamila, thatโ€™s good news. We are still catching up on a lot of work that we were unable to do last week with the timeout issues. My fear was that we were going to face another week of timeout issues after Saturdayโ€™s maintenance.

Oh man, I am sorry to hear that. The timeout issues were not something that we predicted and internally, weโ€™re spending a lot of time on investigation and postmortem of what happened to make sure it doesnโ€™t happen again. We certainly wouldnโ€™t plan to cause it in future or as a part of migration, so if you experience any issues, let us know.

Hi @kamila!

Iโ€™m sure you have plenty to do and think about already but I thought I should alert you to another issue that some of us have been experiencing:

Iโ€™m not sure if itโ€™s related to the timeout issue but perhaps so.

Thanks for flagging Kirk - let me take a look and get back to you.

We are beginning the work on the scheduled maintenance. The editor is currently live, and we expect to block it within the next hour. I will send another update once itโ€™s blocked. We expect to finish at 3pm as planned.

The editor is blocked.

Woot woot, I got my work done just in time! Good luck over there!

The editor is now unblocked, and maintenance has finished.

Cannot make any save to any changes in my apps. Click save, spins, and comes back with Save still highlighted with no change save. Trying to get stuff done before I am gone for a while

Hi @Jason_Spicer, any error message in the Info pane of the editor?

Weโ€™re able to save changes in our apps via the editor without any problems. Could you please try again? Iโ€™d suggest first refresh the editor web page just in case.

If this still doesnโ€™t work for you, could you send us some details please?

I apologize Praveen, apparently it was a network connection. switched to mobile and was able to get it saved. thank you for responding quickly on this:)

@Jason_Spicer no problem, glad it was resolved!

Hi
So I am experiencing latency/slow loading/unable to save issues with my app. Users are still able to edit from mobile devices but I can not make edits. I saw the maintenence window but this has been occuring all weekend.

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

We are beginning the work on the scheduled maintenance. The editor will shortly be currently blocked. We expect to finish at or before 6pm PST

The app editor is now in read-only mode.

Nous nโ€™avons plus quโ€™a attende la fin des travaux de maintenance planifiรฉe.
Beaucoup de courage ร  toute la grande รฉquipe Appsheet.

Merci beaucoup @Guy_Merlin_Dyangnou

Back in normal mode