April 19, 2021

Deployment Time: 11:12 AM PST

Features & Enhancements

Item Description
Feature You can now delete files in a Google Drive folder for a folder backed table.
Feature Added audit logging when a document is uploaded and processed in an app.

When using an in-app upload for document tables, the extraction failures were not being logged to the audit log (the backing sheet still had the data which could be reviewed). This adds the correct logging for that condition so the audit logs are complete for document tables. Deployed to all.

Feature When document based tables were added to the new table flow, certain use cases became more difficult or in some cases, impossible to implement. This change allows more use cases to be supported. Deployed to all.

Bug Fixes

Item Description
Bug Tooltips for Floating Action Buttons (‘Display Overlay’ setting) will now be hidden if the action's display name is set to something like " " (whitespace surrounded by double quotes). Deployed to 100% of free users and 75% of paid users.

Rollout changes

Item Rollout status
Use words to create slice filter expressions. For details, see Use words to create expressions. New: 100% of free users and 60% of paid users.

Previous: 100% of free and 30% of paid users.

I tested this , worked like a charm. Thank you!

@Scott_Haaland

2 Likes

I tested with my account, and worked perfect like a charm. Thank you!

@Kirk_Masden
@Takuya_Miyai
@Arthur_Rallu

5 Likes

How to test this feature?

Today I noticed a new issue:

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 13.44.37

In this example, “INDEX” is being displayed because “INDEX” is in the display name setting of the action (it has a different name). This creates a bit of dilemma for me. I want “INDEX” to be shown immediately below the action. However, I have no need for it to be shown again just because the cursor is over it. Currently, it seems that I can’t tell the app that there’s no need to display the same name again, just because the cursor is over the action. If I set the display name to " ", I’ll loose both. Please advise.

This feature also seems to be available now for inline actions, which is great. In regard to inline actions, there’s no conflict with the display name setting, since names are not normally displayed there anyway. If names or explanations are a little on the long side, it would be nice of the text box location could adjust automatically (if there’s too much text, stuff gets hidden) but that’s a minor issue.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 14.01.11

P.S. I’m adding the names of some people who have expressed an interested in this sort of feature elsewhere:

@tsuji_koichi , @Arthur_Rallu , @Fabian , @MultiTech_Visions , @WillowMobileSystems

2 Likes

With the inline action, I guess it hasn’t been set so that we can turn it off with " ":

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 14.16.56

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 14.18.15

Please address.

3 Likes

Here’s a situation where being able to control the action name that is normally displayed and the pop up one independently could be useful:

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 14.46.07

Here the switch is “on” so it might be nice, for additional clarity, to have a pop up message that says “Click to turn off” or something.

By the way, these pop up messages are only available in a browser. If this is to be a feature of the platform, shouldn’t one be able to display additional explanations like this but long-pressing in a phone too?

3 Likes

Yes thanks for giving me a head up, Kirk.

yes, the tooltips for inline action is surely useful to guide app user well, but we do not need it for action button placed in prominently position, as it just repeats…
Yeah, it could be also good ideat that we are able to guide user by using toolips, something like, "hey you, this action is not able to “undo” with tooltips.
But currently the display name area is only the place to control such, unless we have another new independent settings for “tooltips” alone apart from display names so that we are able to independently control the text for tooltips.

To solve all the issue, I would suggest that we introduce the new setting items

1. Text for tooltips.
  2. On / Off Tooltips.

By doing so, the position of action buttons is not a big deal and we could manage most of our possible business requirement for action along with tooltips to guide users far better way

4 Likes

I definitely agree. As I continue to use my app (I’m the main user of the app I built), I’m finding all of the pop-ups to be a little irritating. I don’t want to go through them all one by one in order to quiet them down. A single global setting would be great.

3 Likes

Just copying to @Arthur_Rallu to share the feedbacks.

3 Likes