April Office Hours

Morning!

April Office Hours will be starting at 9am Pacific and you can register here (registrants will also receive a recording): https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/7295312823341424387

Besides fielding questions, scheduled topics include:

• New ‘Card View’
  • Building Email & PDF Templates
  • Barcode & Icon Generation
  • Animated Loading Screens
  • Reviewing Customizable Dashboards
  • View as User
  • Predictive Models
  • AppSheet Academy
  • Webhook Attachments

A couple of the apps demonstrated are available here as samples:
https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/626900

0 32 1,949
32 REPLIES 32

keithb1
Participant II

This might be more of a feature request… In ‘Card View’, is there a way to use “Ref” or “Enum” Type columns when the underlying type matches Text or Image or whatever?

Will Card View be allowed with a background colour that matches the branding colours

Can we make a background image appear in full color vs. opaque?

Posted seperately in a different post…

I know this section is still beta, but here some bugs I’ve identified:

The title shows in the definition view in a browser, but not on a smartphone

The + button to create a new record does not work on a smartphone. Nothing happens when you press it

With a dark colour theme the text is still on a white background, which is off putting

When I set Action 1 as “Edit” this works on a smartphone but not in the definition view. It just sends you to a blank screen with just the background

When I set Action 2 as “Add” this works fine on both

It would be awesome if we could get these bugs sorted in the next week or 2 as I have a white label app that is going to be used by potentially 3000 people. I was hoping to use this as blog section.

Thanks for all the feedback @1minManager, very helpful! Definitely getting feedback from others as well like @Daisy_Ramirez to look into formatting/color scheme options. I know there are some things the team is considering right now, I’ll make sure it’s top of mind.

Using Dashboard, is it possible to drill down on a List and subset Map points to correspond with each step of the drill down?

For PDF Templates, how can we create a list “slice” of a report for specific data…

Mike_A
Participant V

There are lots of Feature Requests in the backlog. Is there any way to have an idea where these sit in priority, or maybe a general roadmap going forward?

(I am “dying” for better and more useful app documentation, and wondering if that is even an a list)

I want to attach a PDF document to an email in the workflow from a presentation document in GoogleDocs

At current we can only add one from the template which you showed in your webinar.

I know that we Yes/no column type, but there´s a way to put checbox instead of that?

Yes use an ENUMLIST with options of “Yes” and “No”

Hi Peter,

I emailed this question…just wondering if there is any chance of the ability for users to upload & save videos, similar to how they can upload and save a video. I have an app that has security filters in place for users to save their own info, but I really need the video capability in order to make the app everything it needs to be…thanks!

Animated Loading Screens

Not sure if this is related. But I need to create an App that opens with a page about my business, which the user can click off before they use the App. Its a publisher pro App I’m doing for a charity and might be used by 3000 people. The only benefit I get is a free bit of advertising.

Any ideas or pointers?

Have you considered a kanban view, similar to Trello, or better KanbanFlow.com? I find this type of view with cards you can move in columns extremely useful.

@PSTX - I would find this really useful as well. Trying to keep Appsheet and Trello in sync is a bit rough

Mike_A
Participant V

LOVE that there is now an Appsheet academy!! WIsh I had this when I started

I want to tie my order management app to shipstation api so that appsheet orders created and changed create and update shipments in shipstation, and changes such as shipping and getting a tracking number in shipstation update my appsheet rows.

Any guidelines of best practice to do this 2 way api interaction?

Hello, I am looking to do the same thing! Any luck?

Will this session be available online for view at a later stage?

is it possible on a dashboard to have 3 tables( or slices) represented in it? 3rd view is dependent on the 2nd View and the 2nd View dependent on the 1st view? How to?

Also, is it possible to run an action from a dashboard?

How can I have a Number Card in a Dashboard. Let say user wants to see total inspection count.

Nelson_Sum
Participant I

PDF Templates
Is it able to add page number in footer?

Nelson_Sum
Participant I

PDF templates

Is it possible to have page header ? Say the company logo with address

Regarding dashboard view customization, you said that once a user has customized the positioning and size of each view within the dashboard, that customization is retained on the user’s next startup to that dash. Is that specific to the user or the device used by the user?

In the dashboard view, clicking on the line item takes me to a form view of the main data tab showing all columns instead of the sliced view. Of the 5 or so views showing in the dashboard, only a few have this problem. I don’t see any difference in how they are setup. How do I fix this, or can it be? (Action with a linktoview() function?)

I want to attach a PDF document to an email in the workflow from a presentation document in GoogleDocs

At current we can only add one from the template which you showed in your webinar.

We want to add one PDF document which is external

@India_Clifton is the ‘Other Attachments’ option in Workflows what you need? 2X_2_20e043794785952c98279ff490c9e245d0a70c9c.png

Hello,

Yes that is! We have an external pdf file which we would like to attach to the email that gets sent from the workflow.

Please can you let us know how to do this and what the correct expression to use in “other attachments” is?

Regards,

India

***** Email confidentiality notice *****

**This email and any attachment is confidential, may be legally privileged and must not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the intended recipient. Unauthorised use, disclosure, distribution or copying is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify wayne@hrobotics.co.uk and then delete this email. **

Hello, Is it possible to use web push notifications using webhook using zapier and onesingal?

@Camilo_Adams_Sanchez I haven’t tried a connection with OneSignal, but here’s some help for getting started with our Beta Zapier integration https://help.appsheet.com/integrations/inbound-channels/connect-a-zapier-zap-to-your-app

Nelson_Sum
Participant I

Peter,
PDF templates
I tried your way to edit the doc with header and footer, but the output is not expected, the second page without the header i stated, there’s table with 100 records, it cross two pages. Also the page count not shown in the PDF.