Are the pricing levels not conducive to Marketing with an appsheet App?

Bobdak

Maybe i am wrong about this but if I create an app for a real estate agent with a list of all their properties - He cannot share that or use it as a marketing tools, with all his clients without having to pay $5 or $10 bucks month per user. Or is there a user level that would allow his app to be used by 100โ€™s or even 1000โ€™s. Same for a Retail Store - the retailer could not use this app to sell items from could they?

bob

0 7 440
7 REPLIES 7

AppSheet is more geared towards internal business solutions. The platform does not provide a means for charging users, inserting ads, or managing subscriptions.

Thereโ€™s a good discussion on this from the July office hours video:

If you donโ€™t care about user login then I believe you can get the marketing affect you are looking for by creating a Public app that displays the listings to anyone who has the app. AppSheet allows these under its Publisher Pro plan at $50/month/per app.

I believe you can combine apps with user sign-in and public apps (no user sign-in required) into a single account with no issues. Iโ€™d have to let other chime in on that.

What I would do for a Real Estate Client is create 2 apps. The first is a user secured app that the client and his/her colleagues uses to manage whatever business functions they wish INCLUDING which listings and associated details are displayed in the Public app.

The second app is the public app which simply displays the property listings (from the same source of the first app) to whoever has it.

If your client is looking to capture prospects, then you can create a registration screen the end user needs to complete to view the listings. Or you may make the registration optional.

The point is, I believe that there are creative ways to use the AppSheet public apps as a cost-effective marketing tool. Others more experienced, please feel free to add more color!!

No, not quite. You can create a public app that shares a data source with a private app, but the apps need separate accounts. All apps in your account are either secure, or public, but not mixed in the same account.

I couldnโ€™t find this directly in the AppSheet documentation, but here it is from @Aleksi:

So you could create a public app that shares the same sheet as the secure app, but you will need two AppSheet accounts-- one with a secure hosting plan (per user) and one with a public plan (unlimited users).

The rest of @WillowMobileSystemsโ€™s suggestion is a good approach, though. Iโ€™ve helped several clients with similar setups between two accounts.

Another response from @Phil on the need for separate accounts:

Yeah, you need separate accounts, but they could be tied to the same data. So, youโ€™re right. A front facing app and a back office app.

Correct

Iโ€™m in the same predicament. I would like a public app which basically collects survey data and photos (app 1) and a private app (app 2) which configures some of data in app1.

If I am using google sheets as the data source for app1, how can i share the same source for app 2? (or vice versa as the case may be)

edit: because i understand that it is not possible to have both types of apps tied to the same user account??

Top Labels in this Space