Attaching Other Documents

I have my default folder location set to:

In my send an email bot, my other documents formula is:

This yields a test result of:

The app saves files to the correct location, but I cannot get it to attach a file to an email.

What part am I missing?

On a note - the folder “Document_Files_” was originally just in my “Drive” - I moved it and then made changes to the default folder locations and where the app saved my files.

Solved Solved
1 3 150
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Is it Google Drive? You should be using forward slashes, not backwards. Also, no slash at the beginning, that would indicate starting at the root of your GDrive. Try the following, let me know if it doesn’t work.

Payslips/2022_01/Payslip.pdf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I’m experiencing a similar problem with “Other Attachments”.

I set the “Other Attachments” to point to my file, which has been stored in a column [File Location]
3X_0_8_0832753217d2c024754ed2bcb9398028084a6b9b.png

The [File Location] column has been stored as TEXT.
3X_c_d_cdcf621d559a29bf6f0ae153d6f2822858c0e586.png

The is successfully received but there was no attachment. I’m guessing the problem could lie in a few possible places:

1. The column type that i chose for [File Location] as TEXT might be incorrect? Then what should it be?

2. The use of backslash to denote folder location could be a problem, as the monitor shows “\Payslips\…” in double-backslash, probably as an escape regex.

3. The default directory selected could be the problem. Actual file location is “defaultdirectory\Payslips…”, and I used \Payslips\ in my file location naming.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Is it Google Drive? You should be using forward slashes, not backwards. Also, no slash at the beginning, that would indicate starting at the root of your GDrive. Try the following, let me know if it doesn’t work.

Payslips/2022_01/Payslip.pdf

Thank you! That worked!

Much appreciated!

Top Labels in this Space