Audit Log to sort by When

It would be really helpful if the lines presented in the Audit Log were sorted by the When column. In my case the When time corresponds to when the event actually happened in sequence. Sorting by the When column would allow me to troubleshoot faster and not have to mentally rearrange the lines.

This should be a simple insertion sort operation on the list with a sliding window if needed for optimization.

(I searched for this issue/request but couldn’t find it, apologies if it is a duplicate)

Status Open
3 18 271
18 Comments
LeventK
Participant V

@Stephen_Ehmann
There is a timestamp in the audit log and the log is sorted in descending order showing the latest process. The timestamp is in UTC. Isn’t that working for you?

Stephen_Ehmann
Participant IV

see screen shot below. It would also be a great solution to click the column headers to sort by that field.

LeventK
Participant V

Each AppSheet process (Edit row, add row, app sync etc.) is sorted as per UTC datetime and each sub-process under the main processes is also sorted as per UTC datetime. But I concur that it could be good to be able to filter the audit records.

Stephen_Ehmann
Participant IV

I can’t explain how the top two rows in my example could be correctly ordered using any algorithm… maybe you are seeing an order pattern that I am missing but it seems like the events are simply timestamped when they are launched and then the are logged out of order (which is fine) but then displayed in the same out of order way.

Steve
Participant V

MultiTech
Participant V

Corporate customers can

LeventK
Participant V

@MultiTech_Visions yes, I do know that, but I believe it’s a too basic feature to be inside a very expensive subscription model.

MultiTech
Participant V

100% agree

Stephen_Ehmann
Participant IV

does that mean that the 3 of you are going to vote for this?

LeventK
Participant V

@Stephen_Ehmann
You have my and @MultiTech_Visions’s vo…

Stephen_Ehmann
Participant IV

cool, press the Vote button at the top… I don’t know how much appsheet cares about those counts

Austin
Participant V

audit logs could definitely do for some overhaul especially the 1000 row search limit and the inability to pull them out of appsheet in some automated fashion. the filtering is also very basic and boring too

MultiTech
Participant V

3X_2_e_2ec7716b503e0e040c8b89a89a2bdbc427601983.gif

Austin
Participant V

3X_d_0_d0146ea49b695107bb7b87da43177d3c334594be.png

Stephen_Ehmann
Participant IV

so we are limited on how many features we can vote for!?