Augmented reality

solomon_iseh
Participant II

Good day all,
I’m trying to build an app that can tell the size of objects through the phone camera. Does anyone know if this can be done on appsheet.

0 6 569
6 REPLIES 6

Not that I know of.

You could only do something like this if the camera was fixed and the item distance from camera remained consistent and didn’t move and if you had the users define both endpoints.

Bahbus
Participant V

Otherwise to do it accurately would require the device to have a camera that has some sort of depth sensor or other way to store the depth data in the picture. And since that isn’t a general feature of all iOS and Android devices, I doubt anything like this would be implemented.

Could do it on a larger scale using GPS and parallax. Could probably get a reasonable guess on the height of the Eiffel tower.

Limiting factor being lack of elevation information and relative error in GPS readings.

solomon_iseh
Participant II

Seems like it’s not possible for now. I wanted to build an app like kayak’s luggage app.

My appreciation to everyone who contribiuted.

I have a similar use case requirement. Except in my case I already have access to a unity mobile application built on Android, which can do augmented reality to quite an extent.

I wanted to know if I can integrate appsheet with such a unity mobile app built on Firebase. The unity app will capture measurements data etc and needs to feed it into appsheet for further processing such as quotation calculation for example.

Happy to receive inputs on how such an operating model can be achieved.

Top Labels in this Space