Auto Calculate Player Ranking

Hi there

I brand new to AppSheet and really enjoying it thus far. Have taken on a application challenge but am currently stuck. The application is designed to keep player information (Name, contact details ,etc) and especially the players current ranking (1-x)โ€ฆ I have 3 tables namely Members, Competition and Competition_Entry for now. When a competition is created the players has the option to opt in or out of the competition that will update the Competition_Entry. There will be rules later on to determine who plays against who. When the player wins a higher rank player the winning player automatically gets ranked in the higher players ranking spot and the losing player moves one spot down following the rest of the players ranked lower(current ranking +1). I want to know if there is a way how one could do that automatically when the ranking is changed manually in edit modeโ€ฆ This will later be automated in the background if the players enter there results.

Hope this is enough informationโ€ฆ

0 2 170
2 REPLIES 2

Sounds like you need a virtual column in the Members table. These update each time you sync

How would one do the virtual column? There is already a ladder column that contains the rankingโ€ฆ This needs to change dynamically when any/one ladder position is changed. How does one do this automatically? Below Members tableโ€ฆ

With the same logic the entering players should be ranked automatically on closing date of entryโ€ฆ As not all players will enter and the highest ranked should play first match against lowest ranked. This is the competition ladder contained in the competition_entry tableโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space