Auto increment in Workflow-email-PDF

Gonzzo
Participant II

Hi there!

I have the next table:

Item space:
I need a number that is increasing due to the amount of products that come out.
And Reset the number to future new lists of products.

What do you recommend me?

0 9 909
9 REPLIES 9

So do you want to set the ID column to autoincrement in a specific product series?

For example if you have 2 lists of products

• โ€œFoodโ€ has 10 items in the list
  • โ€œBeveragesโ€ has 5 items in the list

When you add a new item to the Food list, would the ID be โ€œ11โ€ and when you add to โ€œBeveragesโ€ the ID would be โ€œ6โ€?

I want show this:

count the rows and put the number of the row

@Gonzzo. You can create a new table called Numbers with a single column called โ€œRecord Numberโ€ that increments from 1 to 1000. Add more if you need a higher count. The max number of rows will be the max number of records your report is capable of.

Then add that table to your app and in your report. Then change your workflow/report body of the report so it follows this format:

The report is created from the numbers table, and the values are populated using the index function retrieving the value in the order of the query.

@aleksi is this similar to what you had?

3X_d_8_d89e9a0fdeabf56d7faf9215ab38309cb77cfa6f.png

An answer to the previous question. better with images.

In that solution I was using nested table structure. This is another way to do the same.

How can i do that without change my workflow/report target? in the same target(IQ_tbl)?

You should be able to target your IQ_tbl with the method above. I was wrong you do not need to target the numberโ€™s table.

Also you can check out this post by @Aleksi for another method.

Whereโ€™s my error?

I added a virtual column with

How i know i have an error?

An email was send to my email when the docs itโ€™s ok the otherwise the email
would not arrive, Or this is my way of debugging the docs in PDF.

You know other way to debug it?

@Gonzzo You donโ€™t need to trigger the email so you could see from the Audit history what the reason was. You can debug the template error if you use โ€œSave & Verify Dataโ€ instead of normal โ€œSaveโ€. That will check your formulas on a template as well.

Top Labels in this Space