Auto save and re-open form after Barcode scanning problem

I created an attendance register app which uses barcode technology. To mark the register, there is a form which allows for scanning of the student barcodes.

I want the form to auto save a record and re-open after scanning a barcode. I activated those functions in the view of the formโ€ฆhowever, the form still requires me to manually save a record after I scan a barcode, thereafter it automatically re-opens the form again.

In summary, the auto-save function is not working while the fomr reopen after saving is working.

Please help me resolve this? I need help pleaseโ€ฆ

0 3 1,747
3 REPLIES 3

For auto save to work, the barcode field has to be the last editable field in the form, is it?

Thank you. Itโ€™s working now. Just one more question:
How do you make a form always open with one of the fields (columns) ready for entry?

I want to open the form with the scancode column selected and ready for entry.

I hope you found your answer by now. To automatically open the Scan column you need to set the auto-advance option for Forms AND the scan field would need to be the FIRST column on the Form and set to REQUIRED.

You can find the Form auto-advance options in UX -> Options -> Forms as shown below labeled as โ€œAdvance forms automaticallyโ€

Top Labels in this Space