Automatic clockwork

Hello, I wanted to ask if it is possible to create a rule for an automatic movement in time FORMULA.
If the form is open for a longer time and I save it later, the time of opening is shown and not the current time.

best regards sebastian

0 2 182
2 REPLIES 2

You can save the โ€œform openโ€ time into one column with a NOW() or similar expression in initial value.

Then for saving the โ€œform closedโ€ time, Iโ€™ve thought of 2 options:

1. Perhaps there is another column that will always be getting filled out at the very end of the form, immediately before the whole thing is saved? If so, you can set another NOW() initial value, but depending on that other column not being blank, i.e.:

IFS( ISNOTBLANK( [column[ ) , NOW() ).

1. Create an action to set the value of the column to NOW(). Set this action to run as the โ€˜form savedโ€™ action for that UX Form.

And a general word of advice; I wouldnโ€™t recommend keeping forms open for a very long time as this creates a risk of losing the already entered data. It perhaps is better to enter the initial data, save the form, then add in the additional data via other means later (quick edit in Detail view, Action buttons, re-opening the Form, etc).

Okay thanks, I already tried the 2, but it does not work when connecting to the sql database.
I will try your 1 suggestion which sounds good for my problem.

Top Labels in this Space