Automatically update field value based on input from another table using workflow

Hi,

I have recently built an app for my e-commerce business which manages order processing. Till now everything seems ok, but I’m stuck with automations where I need some expert advice.

App Description

I’ve got these Tables -

1. Products (Fields- Product Id, Product Name, Type, Price and Image)
  2. Sale (Fields- Sale ID, Date, Order ID, Order Status)
  3. Sale Details (Fields- Sale ID, Product ID, Order ID and Packing Status)

Problem

I’m trying to change the status of “Order Status” in Sale Table from “New” to “Packed” when I change the “Packing Status” in Sale details Table to “Packed”.

I know this has to be done with actions and workflow, but I’m not sure how to do it. I’ve seen a lot of videos and read a lot about it, still no help.

Looking for solution with steps (if possible). Thanks in advance

Solved Solved
0 9 2,777
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to use two actions… the one which update the sale record and then another one that is triggered from Sale Details record and this action needs to be triggered as “Execute an action on a set of rows”. Please check a sample app called “Update Parent” from www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You need to use two actions… the one which update the sale record and then another one that is triggered from Sale Details record and this action needs to be triggered as “Execute an action on a set of rows”. Please check a sample app called “Update Parent” from www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778.

I am trying to understand how to update the Parent table but the expression is not working.

Have you checked that sample app already how it’s built?

3X_4_1_413e17fb616ddae3c2a6d470e251fc588f378417.gif

Thanks, works like charm!

You’re welcome

May I ask what kind of formula have you tried and where?

Hi Aleksi,

im having the same problem. Can you help me to fix it. Here's some screenshots about my app.

Im trying to update de column "Proyecto Ubicaciones" (ref by table 'Proyectos Ubicaciones') of my table Products. 

I’m trying to change the value of “Proyecto Ubicaciones” in Products Table when I set the “Name” Column in Orders Table. 

Proyecto Ubicaciones column of Product Table and Name column of Orders table, are both referenced to the same table that is Proyectos Ubicaciones table.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-09-22 a la(s) 14.47.51.png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-09-22 a la(s) 14.48.09.png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-09-22 a la(s) 14.48.19.png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-09-22 a la(s) 14.48.26.png

Thanks in advance! 

Please start a new topic for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space