Automating manual processes faster with AppSheet Automation

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Super excited to announce the early access version of AppSheet Automation, no-code, intent aware process automation platform for automating your business processes.

Early Access release available for testing in early Q1 2021

14 35 2,619
35 REPLIES 35

@Martin_Pace and @Micah_Cole
Fun things are coming!

Weโ€™ve signed up, but please feel free to add our entire domain!
@steadglobal.com

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Noted. We are still a few weeks away from enabling these features, but aggregating a wait list for now.

Signed up via the form butโ€ฆ

You canโ€™t choose a ...@gmail.com address despite that being the email for one of my Appsheet accounts

Thereโ€™s a typo of โ€œUnited Kindgomโ€ which seems to be invalid as well. So Iโ€™m a temporarty American for now

In fact scrap thatโ€ฆ I cant get the form to submit at all.

Sign me up via simon@srnetworks.com

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Will look into it.

Sign me up
Francios@profas.co.za
Ffillis@gmail.com

Sounds super exciting!

Looks like we are able to build up process automation set ups, like Zap or other automation service, within appsheet as a platform!!!

On this sample demo, Salesforce was used. I hope there would be other native connectors for external services available as well.

Another new integration with Apigee would get involved in this Appsheet Automation? If so, it would make sense.

It might be bit too early stage you mention to the subscription stuffs.

In terms of apigee integration, app creators needs business subscription.

What about this Appsheet new Automation Process feature? Can be used by pro plan and over ?

Looks greatโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve signed up via the linkโ€ฆ Many thanksโ€ฆ

Process automation sounds superb ! but will this be available for self service plans (pro /premium)
as we dont need business plans for our small team.

now this looks amazing, in love with your innovations

Ohhhhhhโ€ฆ I like I like I like!

I hope this will make design and debugging And documenting the application easier?

Also I could see some potential in a variation or enhancement of the feature to show end users where they are in the overall process of the application a bit like watching where you are on a subway map while being in the train.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

In the works

Yes, once you have more than 10 actions and as many views in an application itโ€™s exponentially taking more mental energy and concentration to a point itโ€™s discouraging to enhance it further at times. Managing the development of an application with a process centric orientation, as one of a mix of methods, will go a long way to restoring the appeal of enhancing the application further.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Thats one of the design goals @aucforum, a unified platform for apps and automations. Workflow rules worked great for what they were designed for - which is execute a sequence of actions in the background. Many customers have been asking for first class support for processes both system and human centric. So here we are, more to come.

Register me too siteraketa@gmail.com

As someone that creates bots using UiPath and the likes how set are yโ€™all on that name? Not really a bot more of an automatic workflow 2.0 to me, from the video it literally looks like just an extended workflow combined into one new thing. Takes the actual coding work out of making a longer workflow which is great none the less.
Donโ€™t know if my whole domain will want to sign up by I sure did

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Austin_Lambeth workflow 2.0 for now, more interesting feature additions on the way. At the minimum it provides a designer to model your process, increased grammar - branching, wait/state and more importantly support for external events. For eg: kick off this process when a new order object is created in Salesforce - more on the โ€œbotโ€ front in coming months.

Sounds like we are able to set โ€œasyncโ€ on demand of app creators. You guys are super awesome.

we get more???

Bahbus

If I could get absolutevaporfoco@gmail.com registered Iโ€™d love to play with it and debug.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Please use the linked form to sign up. We will update here when we get close to having folks try it out.

It doesnโ€™t accept gmailโ€™s and thatโ€™s all I have.

Applied. Lemme know when I can try. EXCITED!!!

Great!

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Wanted to provide a quick update on the Early Access signup. We are working on including additional features (intent aware suggestions, monitoring) to make the early access experience better and hence its taking a little longer than we initially thought. We are targeting early Q1 2021 for this early access release to be available for folks who have signed up for it.

Awesome

@prithpal please opt me in for early access as well.
Account ID: 245151

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Please use this link to signup.

@prithpal
I click on the REGISTER button but nothing happens. I can neither see a confirmation nor an error.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@Peter can you help with this?

Hey @LeventK are you seeing this form? If you can refresh or try incognito, and make sure all fields are completed, it should work (there was some strange behavior previously with the wrong form displaying)

Thanks for the tip @Peter. It worked with the incognito.

Wowโ€ฆ

Excitedโ€ฆ

Hi @prithpal ! As it looks like โ€œautomationโ€ is becoming a permanent part of the AppSheet toolkit, how about an โ€œautomationโ€ tag for this forum. There may not be many threads about automation yet but Iโ€™m sure that much more discussion is to come. Currently, if we just search for the word โ€œautomationโ€ we get all kinds of hits that arenโ€™t at all relevant (โ€œautomaticallyโ€ etc.).

Perhaps you can help with this, @JCadence, if you have time.

The tag should come right after โ€œactionโ€ in the following:
3X_7_7_777547e3838a9e6cded05c8e79a1bfbef4fe1fb6.png