Automation Condition overlooked with before / after values to trigger email workflow

I have a workflow rule that should only email a specific group when 1 of 4 values change.

The logic is this:
OR(
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[A]<>[_THISROW].[A],
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[B]<>[_THISROW].[B],
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[C]<>[_THISROW].[C],
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[D]<>[_THISROW].[D])

The problem is, anytime the table has a data change, it ignores the condition and sends users unwanted emails.

Iโ€™ve tried [_thisrowafter]; also with no luck. I have 3 other Automation bots in the same app, and they seem to work fine.

Lastly, i have similar logic in the Old โ€œBehavior > Workflowโ€ area that is working fine, using the sameโ€ฆ

OR โ€ฆ old value <> new/current value

approach

any ideas?

0 6 347
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Make sure the =/<> quirk isnโ€™t a problem.

https://community.appsheet.com/search?q=@steve%20quirk

I default the values to zero, so the left side should also have a value. I have similar logic in the old workflow, so I was wondering if it might have something to do with the new automation features. Iโ€™ll take another look and make sure itโ€™s not the quirk and report back.

Thanks Steve

Bonjour,

Je rencontre le mรชme problรจme, avez vous trouvรฉ une solution?

Cordialement

Renaud

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

@Steve and others - I wanted to follow back up on this. Support provide me with this logic, and the bot appears to be firing correctly now.

OR(
(โ€œxโ€ & [_THISROW_BEFORE].[a])<>(โ€œxโ€ & [_THISROW_AFTER].[a]),
(โ€œxโ€ & [_THISROW_BEFORE].[b])<>(โ€œxโ€ & [_THISROW_AFTER].[b]),
(โ€œxโ€ & [_THISROW_BEFORE].[c])<>(โ€œxโ€ & [_THISROW_AFTER].[c]),
(โ€œxโ€ & [_THISROW_BEFORE].[d])<>(โ€œxโ€ & [_THISROW_AFTER].[d]))

Iโ€™m not sure what the โ€œxโ€ does, but support was aware of the issue. Iโ€™m not sure if this will continue to work after the issue if fixed (I think it will).

Happy Appโ€™ing

The โ€œxโ€ works around The Quirk:
https://community.appsheet.com/search?q=@steve%20quirk

Top Labels in this Space