Azure Gen2 blob storage for parity with aws S3

TyAlevizos
Participant V

In my account >> integrations >> stores, it would be swell to include azure blob storage (the gen2 kind, not the older datalake kind) so that we have some parity across cloud providers.

Status Open
5 10 479
10 Comments
Grant_Stead
Participant V

Agree

TyAlevizos
Participant V

At 3.8 votes per annum we’re going to be here awhile

Grant_Stead
Participant V

Ain’t that the truth…
I think that if they open up to the MS Stack, it would actually make MS houses more comfortable to try AppSheet, since all the data and content stays in their stack… Then once they try it, they might start exploring the value of the GC stack… I would think of it as a migration program…

I have a client right now that is luke warm because of this. If I could keep all their data and blob in their stack they would be much less hesitant…

I guess I’ll drop @praveen on this to see if it’s in the works…

pravse
Staff

I like it. Our approach is to support all data sources “without fear or favor”.

Grant, if you have an active customer opportunity asking for this, please do let us know … it increases the priority sometimes for stuff that is on the roadmap anyway.

Adding @Scott_Haaland, @vinothp and @Dia_Sharda FYI … we should get this onto our TODO list for content/object stores.

shaaland
Staff

Agreed…actually, the hardest part is just getting the Auth for each cloud IaaS figured out, then you can add lots of other services via their REST APIs. We can add this to our backlog and monitor for customer demand to determine priority going forward.

Grant_Stead
Participant V

I’m not too scared to ask for things!
I think I’ll be able to get it sold without this, but it sure would make it easier if I could offer to keep all their content on the MS stack. I’m pretty good at managing expectations. Always appreciate your approach, i’ll let the team know if/when i’m in a bind. I already reached out to @ginny around a different feature request that this client needs… (labels on map pins… For temperature indications from industrial piping sensors…)

Grant_Stead
Participant V

So then, MS Azure Blob shouldn’t be too hard since we already can link up with the active directory?

Grant_Stead
Participant V

@Scott_Haaland I’m closing the deal with my client this week on a 3 month roll-out. How are things looking to be able to link into their Azure Blob?

Bernard_Barbari
Participant III

There’s a client of mine that requires this connection as well. We hope we can connect it as soon as possible. Thanks!

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager