Back button not working

The back button in my apps has been behaving oddly. Sometimes it will work on the first press, other times it can take as many as 5 presses before it reacts.

July 14 2019: The below has been resolved some days ago; above note is still an issue.
And a side note; the ‘data’ button is now showing up alongside inline REF chart views. This is sort-of undesirable, as the data can be access by going through view -> Data.

0 12 747
12 REPLIES 12

Harry2

Hi @Jonathon, does this happen only on mobile devices, or also in web browsers? If it only happens on mobile devices, does it only happen on 1 or a few specific devices? If so, what are the models and OS versions of these devices? Could you share a short video showing the problem?

Tested on Chrome browser, iPhone 6s, and Samsung Galaxy S10+.

The behaviour is only occuring on the S10+, running Android 9.

Also, I have now noticed the problem occuring with the hamburger menu (requiring multiple presses for it to register, sometimes).

At first I thought it may be related to my LINKTOVIEW() formulas - but its occurring throughout the application, so I’m no longer sure.

I have messaged you a video.

Did the “hamburguer menu” problem is still present? I have that problem across my apps.

Also, happening across multiple applications.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It is still happening for me across all applications, on android devices.

Yep, I’m seeing it in my Pixel, too.

Has happened with me too.
Sometimes I click a DETAIL view of a data set and the back button is clicked.
The same view is shown, but this time the back button disappears.
I have to reset the app to be able to see anything else at this point.
I have my app set to the “5 button nav bar” option.
I had to set my detail view inside a dashboard so I don’t get stuck in the detail view again.

This problem is really unfortunate. When demoing apps for others its really frustrating / people get confused when I pass the device to them and the buttons aren’t doing what they are supposed to.

@Jonathon I’ve not been able to observe this so far on my S10. Is there a particular kind of navigation or scenario that seems to trigger it most often (drilldown views, navigate actions, opening a form, etc)? Is it exclusively the menu and back buttons that become unresponsive like this, or other interactions as well?

@Adam,

The behaviour occurs on all views, when drilling down or otherwise. Even when on the homescreen having just launched an app, the hamburger menu sometimes requires multiple presses to activate.

Anecdotally, I would say the hamburger menu or back button works on the first press 75% of the time. Otherwise, it usually takes 2-3 presses. Sometimes it can take over 5 presses to work.

I PM’d you a video

This appears to have been fixed for me.

Did you changed phone? We bought a new phone for the employee and that problem stopped.

Top Labels in this Space