Background Sync More Noticable

Hi! I have users that often make entries with background syncs, but they often leave the app before it is complete, and It messes up my action and workflows. I would like to keep it as a background sync. However, I would recommend either a feature where background sync or not is formulated and custom based on conditions, or that it is more noticeable when a background sync is going on, but not completed, rather than an orange dot. I have tried to tell my users, but they forget, and I don’t want to bother them too much. Do you think this is possible?

Status Open
4 4 486
4 Comments
Jonathan_S

I agree with this, I have just done forced syncs for every update/app entry but it slows down the speed of entry considerably.

I had the same problem as the user would just go back to the app launcher before sync was complete Evan with multiple reminders…

Jonathon
Silver 5
Silver 5

For workflow sensitive actions, you could consider using a grouped action to force the sync.

It would be cool if the act of forcing a sync could be made easier. e.g. in the action definition, if we could have a toggle for “require sync”. Otherwise, we have to change our action to a group action, and the linktoview() sync action. (needs 2 additional actions just to sync).

Jonathan_S

yes but in the background… or if leaving the app that all unsynced items get synced in the background while going back to the app launcher.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager