Basic question: can values calculated in virt...

Basic question: can values calculated in virtual columns be assigned back into the database spreadsheet?

More info: I’ve got a typical inventory setup, with a list of inventory adjustments that refer back to any single inventory item. Then the actual amount is calculated by summing up the “related…” column. I would like that calculated amount to be in a column in the actual google spreadsheet as well. I’ve added the SUM formula into the column where I want the data, and it mostly works in the app, but the column remains blank in the actual spreadsheet.

Why do I need this? I want to run a script in the google spreadsheet that acts on that data. It is possible I can do what I need in the app, but the script is easier for me, and makes more sense.

0 5 325
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, just put [VC] as app formula in a real column and it will be written to the sheet.

You mean make the summation in a virtual column, then set the real column equal to it? I tried that, it shows the correct value in the app, but it is still blank in the spreadsheet.

When it’s a normal column, you need to open your record and save it so you could see that in your spreadsheet.

Ok, opening and saving the record did work. However these records will not be regularly directly edited and saved like that, typically only adjustments will be made to them, which are reflected in the summation. Is there a way to automatically re-save those records?

I’m afraid that’s not possible directly with the app at this moment.

Top Labels in this Space