Behavior > Action > Image = using camera

I want to make an action where if you push the action button it will open camera and you take a picture and it attaches to the form. I know i can open the form scroll down and click the image icon and take a photo and save but i just want to make a quick action button so i don’t have to open the form and fill part of the form and take a photo and save. I just want to click the action button BAM! camera SNAP! now its in form.

Behavior > Action > Image = using camera2019-12-08-083056_539x419_scrot
image= ??? expression assistant doesn’t help me here
image = ??? its not yes, and i have tried a few things. Does anyone know what the command or expression i need to make the image = (takeAphoto)

Anyone know the answer to this puzzle

As far as I’m aware this isn’t possible; although I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

Please try this:
Create a slice out of your table and include only the Key column and the Image column.
Then Add an Action “Go to another view within this App”.
Here you set a deeplink to the sliced form.
This will open the form with only the image column. If you enable the Advanced Forms, the camera will open automatically.

4 Likes

Make sure to set the image column as required and hide Key Column (Turn off SHOW) after including it on the slice.

3 Likes

I made a sample App.
You have 2 possibilities:

• via an Action
  • via quick edit in the detail view

https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/549987
The App is called IMAGES.

1 Like

Sadly the Advance forms automatically is not working as mentioned here. So that camera is not open up immediately. Will post it to AppSheet.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your input

Thank you so much for your input, I can make this work for the app. Thank you so much this will make it easier for my co-workers for the work order program i made for them

yes, my app lost the behavior to let the device camera automatically. Obvious bug. Is Appsheet dev team working on this problem?

I addressed it to Adam in the Post above. May take some time… If you don’t mind, you could add a comment in that Post as well.

Will do mate.

Bummer I like your app but i cant seem to make it with the current Database i have
I will try to figure a way to marry it to my DB

There shouldn’t be a difference in the data source. The App should work the same with any data source.