Behavior > Action > Image = using camera

I want to make an action where if you push the action button it will open camera and you take a picture and it attaches to the form. I know i can open the form scroll down and click the image icon and take a photo and save but i just want to make a quick action button so i donโ€™t have to open the form and fill part of the form and take a photo and save. I just want to click the action button BAM! camera SNAP! now its in form.

Behavior > Action > Image = using camera2X_9_99cbc0830dad80d8cec45279bf53e4369afd994f.png
image= ??? expression assistant doesnโ€™t help me here
image = ??? its not yes, and i have tried a few things. Does anyone know what the command or expression i need to make the image = (takeAphoto)

Anyone know the answer to this puzzle

1 17 3,671
17 REPLIES 17

As far as Iโ€™m aware this isnโ€™t possible; although I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

Please try this:
Create a slice out of your table and include only the Key column and the Image column.
Then Add an Action โ€œGo to another view within this Appโ€.
Here you set a deeplink to the sliced form.
This will open the form with only the image column. If you enable the Advanced Forms, the camera will open automatically.

Make sure to set the image column as required and hide Key Column (Turn off SHOW) after including it on the slice.

Thank you so much for your input

I made a sample App.
You have 2 possibilities:

• via an Action
  • via quick edit in the detail view

https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/549987
The App is called IMAGES.

Thank you so much for your input, I can make this work for the app. Thank you so much this will make it easier for my co-workers for the work order program i made for them

Sadly the Advance forms automatically is not working as mentioned here. So that camera is not open up immediately. Will post it to AppSheet.

yes, my app lost the behavior to let the device camera automatically. Obvious bug. Is Appsheet dev team working on this problem?

I addressed it to Adam in the Post above. May take some timeโ€ฆ If you donโ€™t mind, you could add a comment in that Post as well.

Will do mate.

Bummer I like your app but i cant seem to make it with the current Database i have
I will try to figure a way to marry it to my DB

There shouldnโ€™t be a difference in the data source. The App should work the same with any data source.

Following here

@Public_Works @jader_james @Jonathon @tsuji_koichi
I can tell that this is working now 100%.

Please have a look at my Sample App โ€œImagesโ€:
https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/549987

Under UX --> OPTIONS I had to disable โ€œAllow image input from galleryโ€, so that the Camera opens directly without showing this Popup Message:

You can use or the Quick Edit Column or the Action โ€œAdd Imageโ€.

FYI, you may want to repost the video. Unless, Iโ€™m doing something wrong to view it, it is terribly small and difficult to see whatโ€™s happening.

Yeah, iโ€™m not seeing any different behaviour on my end yet :s

I was struggeling with GIF. For some reasons it was very small.
So here is a Video

Top Labels in this Space