Behavior and timestamps

Is there a way to clear a timestamp? I’ve tried both DateTime and Change Timestamp column formats - keep getting an error.

I am trying to create a grouped sequence of events that resets checked in from yes to no, clears room assignment, but I need to have the timestamp clear out for this particular action - this is for check in mistakes vs someone actually checking out.

0 12 601
12 REPLIES 12

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Use an action of type Data: set the value of a column with a To this value expression of "".

I tried that. got an error - invalid - and wouldn’t sync.

Screenshots?

starting with this - any changes needed to the column setting? With it set this way the checked in timestamp field doesn’t appear in my list of column options in the behavior action dropdown.

Found my error - once i move the expression from app formula to initial value it worked.

Thank you

@Steve I do have another question - I have a grouped set of actions for a checkout button, that sets the checkout field, timestamp, and clears the room assignment. Today I was asked to make the room assignment field required on the form, but when I did this it caused the checkout action to fail because room assignment is required and we are clearing it out. Is there a way to still require the field and have it cleared upon check out?

I tried to add a value to the room list that says “checked out” and changed the action to clear the room from “” to “checked out” but it kept giving an error.

@Steve - okay so I didn’t fix my issue because now I end up with no datetime if formula is in initial value (see attached). because it’s not actually a new form, they are editing a reg form to check the person in. 2X_2_248f8ceb54c85f9b8862dc9dad4d1cd429bcee20.jpeg

any suggestions?

Instead of setting Require? to ON, maybe set it to an expression?

Can you give an example? and where would it go? valid if?

Click the flask icon for the Require? property of the room assignment column:
2X_3_315a7ea184a8f491f42e6f22edc4e473ed7d2efb.png
and enter an expression that evaluates to TRUE only when the room assignment is actually required:

AND(
  ISBLANK([checkout]),
  ISBLANK([timestamp])
)

Appears to work on checkout, but they have also asked for a “clear checkin” info button in case they accidentally check the wrong person in - so I created a grouped action that does:

reset checkin to No
clear check in timestamp
clear room assignment

with the above expression to make room required I get the attached when using the clear check in.

Suggestions?2X_7_7808e2c989e12dcd8a52a9570cf215e86ead12b8.jpeg

Under what conditions are each of those columns required?

Top Labels in this Space