Behaviour Events from a Chart View

I am trying to have a custom action whenever I click on a chart in a dashboard rather than just being taken to the chart view itself. It takes 3 click to get to a detail view of the rows selected and I was hoping to have an Behaviour > Event > Action to save some clicks.

I have made and action but it doesn’t seem to show up in the Behaviour > Event menu for the chart I want to customise.

Thanks for any advice.

Status Open
9 9 624
9 Comments
MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

This functionality is not supported at the moment; hopefully in the future.

I did a search for this in the feature requests section and didn’t find anything.

You should change the category of this post from Questions to Feature Request - others would vote for this.

Richard_Brouwer

Thanks for your reply - have changed it to Feature Request.

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

@everyone (I WISH!!!!) 

Let's pump up the visibility on this one, it really needs to be implemented.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My use case:

•  I've got slices that I'm using in order to display records from a table in a different way: in a chart
    • I have to do it this way because if I build my chart view on the root table... then THAT (the chart view) becomes the main view the system uses for the table.
    • Which is not what I want to happen - I need to see these records in table view (so I can see details)
      • But I also want to view them in a chart-style

Check it

That sweet sweet chart... takes me to a crap crap viewThat sweet sweet chart... takes me to a crap crap view

• Main problem here: when I click on the chart it takes me to a system generated view
    • Because that chart is for a slice... and I haven't created a detail view for it
    • I want to rout the user to the root table's detail view
      • this way I don't have to duplicate my views

As of right now, there are no Event Actions available for a chart view:

MultiTech_0-1645632778981.png

fletort
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

yes, it would be really interesting to can personalize chart action.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

@Pratyusha any update on the progress of this?

sebaspindu
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

This would be great !

FranciscoApp
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I don't understand why it is not possible to implement an action within a Chart view. It would be very useful. I hope we can use this feature as soon as possible

dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

I have multiple charts based on different slices of the same table. When users drill down through any of the charts (e.g., select a point on a line graph), I need them to end up at the same detail view. It's a big hassle to maintain a separate identically configured view for each slice.