Best Method for Updating Meetings Table and Creating Google Calendar Item

Arizno

I have an app that creates a new entry in my Meetings table so we can track all client meetings. However I also want to create a meeting in my Google calendar at the same time. What would be the best method to follow for something like this?

0 3 717
3 REPLIES 3

@Arizno
You can connect your Google Calendar as a data source to your app. However Iโ€™m not so sure if creating a record directly in the app, created an event in the Google Calendar. If this is not working; then the only way to provide is to create an Google Apps Script bounded to your gSheet and use an onChange(e) trigger to track down changes in a particular sheet/column, and then execute a script to create that event in the Google Calendar.

Arizno

Using my Google Calendar as a data source does create an event on my Google calendar.

However since I am using my spreadsheet as a datasource because of the fact that i want to record the meeting each client had I am not sure how to also make it so a Google Calendar Event get created as well. I can either do one or the other but not both.

The method you mentioned seems a bit overkill for my process. I have tried creating an action that copy the data over to the Google Calendar data source but it does not work.

I tried doing it through a workflow by using a webhook, but the date is not being pulled in so its failing as well.

I am wondering if I should use Zapier to connect my spreadsheet info to a calendar. What are you thought on that?

What do you mean the date is not being pulled? How have you constructed your webhook workflow?
Possibly your date format might be wrong. When creating Google Calendar events with the API, the date string format should be: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss.sssZ , where:

• YYYY-MM-DD โ€“ is the date: year-month-day.
  • The character "T" is used as the delimiter for time.
  • HH:mm:ss.sss โ€“ is the time: hours, minutes, seconds and milliseconds.
  • The optional 'Z' part denotes the time zone in the format +-hh:mm . A single letter Z that would mean UTC+0.

https://developers.google.com/calendar/v3/reference/events#id
https://developers.google.com/calendar/create-events

Top Labels in this Space