Big thank you for Column Ordering in Forms!

Since I was just complaining about some other bugs in another post, that were brought about by new updates, I figure I’ll balance it out by posting this “thank you” to the Appsheet developers that I’ve been meaning to do.

:trumpet: Being able to adjust column ordering inside each individual form has been HUGE and has saved soooo much time and effort. Thank you!!! :clap: :partying_face:

10 Likes

Balance has been restored. You may resume complaining. :joy:

Seriously though, this was a MAJOR improvement! Thanks AppSheet!

4 Likes

Can’t can’t CAN’T agree more. This was SUCH a huge thing partyparrot (Appsheet)

3 Likes

Can you describe how to do that in the form? It is NOT obvious…

Isn’t this OBVIOUS ENOUGH?? What do you think the name “Coumn order” implicates?

1 Like

Ok. I didn’t see the “obvious” because I was using one of the sample Inspection apps and the only two views are a DECK view and a CALENDAR view. I should have explained that. When you add a new item in the DECK view, it opens into a detail form view. The problem is, is that form seems to be created on the fly and settings details are NOT accessible. When I create a NEW VIEW of type FORM, then yes, I see the screen you are talking about with the ability to order the columns. But now I have TWO forms and ONE calendar. Now I have to figure out how to reconcile that. Have you ever worked with the DECK view?

1 Like

Ok. I think I found it. It is considered a REF view FORM under system views. I’ve only been working with this environment for about 4 hours…so still figuring it out.

1 Like

That’s the system generated Form UX. Provided you haven’t enabled Show System Views from the UX pane, it’s probably hidden by-default. Click the button to show them, and you will notice it as YourTableName_Form

Well, being an AppSheet Partner and Developer since 2014, I believe I should have been worked.

2 Likes

I believe it should be better to read this as well then:

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks. I’ll read more and ask less.

1 Like