Birthday display

How do I get birthday on my App to display as day and month instead of showing day,month and current year?

0 6 759
6 REPLIES 6

Day([Birthday])&" โ€œ&Month([Birthday])
Day() gets the day of the month from a date, &โ€ "& concatenates a space inbetween day and month, Mondy() gets the month of the date.

And where do I put this Day([Birthday])&" โ€œ&Month([Birthday])โ€ฆ
Can you give me step by step instruction on how to fix/configure this. Birthdays are currently displaying with current year eg May 1,2020 for someone whose birthday is on May 1. I need to get rid of the year in the displays. Thankyou

Create a virtual column call it Birthday No Year. Set the formula to be Day([Birthday])&" โ€œ&Month([Birthday]), set the Display name to be โ€œBirthdayโ€.
Go to wherever youโ€™re displaying this and change the field from Birthday to Birthday without Year.

I know this is an old post, but Iโ€™m just replying for future people who run into the same challenge.

Be aware that the DAY and MONTH functions produce integers, meaning they will NOT display a leading zero in the day or month values.

Example:
Where TODAY() is 03/05/2021 (3rd May 2021).
Where [DateOfBirth] is 03/05/1980 (3rd May 1980).

• DAY([DateOfBirth]) would produce 3
  • MONTH([DateOfBirth]) would produce 5

So what?
Well, this means that you canโ€™t use the single digit integer to match a Day & Month against a recorded or computed date like TODAY().

A slice filter like this will NOT work.
=TODAY() = (Day([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Month([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Year(Today()))
The computed formula looks like:
03/05/2021 = 3/5/2021

Solution 1 (The long way):
=(Day(Today())&"/"&Month(Today())&"/"&Year(Today())) = (Day([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Month([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Year(Today()))

Solution 2 (The easy way):
=TEXT([DateOfBirth], "DD/MM") = TEXT(TODAY(), "DD/MM")

Hope this helps others!

What about:

TODAY() = DATE(Day([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Month([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Year(Today()))

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try:

TEXT([Birthday], "MMMM D")

See also:

Top Labels in this Space