Body template. Found 1 unmatched 'End'. They are: <p class="c4"><span class="c7"><<END>></span></p>

Can’t seem to get this workflow to run

Report ‘E9 - Renewal Date M-6’ action ‘Remins’ Body template. Found 1 unmatched ‘End’. They are:

<<[Valid Until]>><>

0 12 1,896
12 REPLIES 12

Checked for spaces. Tried <> on its own line. Tested ORDERBY epression in a virtual column. Get this same error on another almost identical template file

Make sure there are no line breaks within the <<Start>> tag, That’s the only suggestion I have.

I experienced this problem today and indeed it was due to the line breaks within the <<Start>> tag.

I used a trick to spot whether this is the case and it worked for me. Open NOTEPAD and paste the entire <<Start>> tag. Then expand the notepad window horizontally as far as you can. If there was a line break, it would show up. See red arrow below, that’s where my line break showed up. Hope this helps someone.

Most word processors have an option to show “non printing characters”.

Yeah I do this too. I write it out neat with Tab indenting etc in a text editor. Then I manually remove all tabs and spaces before putting in the template.

It saved my day... Thank you 

Hi Simon,
I every case I of this so far, there has been a line break somewhere in the midst of the statement. That introduces a <P> HTML element which throws off the parser.

So strangley I got a call from the user this morning saying they couldn’t get the App to run. I got in fine on both browser and App. After clearing temp file and the tablets, everything was fine.

Strangley the issue with the template expression from friday, despite changing nothing, has now disapeered. Any Appsheet updates done around that time?

I know this is not much help but I think I ran into something similar last week while testing a template. The error dissapeared after a few tests.

Hi Simon,
I do not believe we deployed over the long weekend.

Seems to be a formating bug in the workflow conversion. To ‘fix’ this I found a template with a table that was working fine. I copied just the table in google docs, cut & pasted in the start expression, deleted the old table, then it started working. hmmm…

Top Labels in this Space