Book a workstation in an office on a specific date

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hello,

I started using the sample app “Workstation Tracker”. I would like to add screen where a user would first choose the date they want to reserve their office space. Even the ability to book multiple days. Then they would pick their workstation from a map. The day of they would checkin and check out when they leave which would trigger an email to the facilities team.

I’m not a developer at all and I am new to Appsheet. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

1 3 171
3 REPLIES 3

MultiTech
Participant V

Hey @Anthony_Cosentino, welcome to the community.

First: you might check out the following post; it’s full of tons of helpful tips to help you get stared with using the community to find answers.

To answer your question

• After taking a look at the sample app you mentioned, I would make the following adjustments
  1. The action to check in is currently creating a record in the background;
    • instead I would use LinkToForm() to launch you into the activity form, where people can then fill out the datetime for the check in.
  2. If you wanted people to be able to book multiple days, you’ll need to change the activity table a bit
    • you’ll need to include a [Start_Date] and an [End_Date] - so people can enter the date range they want a station for

There is obviously more that could be done, but I figure that should be enough to hopefully get you going forwards.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I am so new to this, I still really don’t even know where to make the changes you suggested. I will have to do some quick reading as the business is looking for a solution asap.

Thanks again for your help,

Hi @Former Community Member did you find the answers you were after? I'm looking for something along the same lines.

Top Labels in this Space