BOT can select Call a Process which is living on different table

Hi @prithpal
This is sort of question as well as feedback.

Let me assume a simple case.
We have two tables.
Each table has one bot, so in total, app has 2 bots. Meaning we have two process as well, each assigned to each bot.

Then we keep working on BOT1. When we modify the step or add new step, select call a process.
Then we are able to select the Process which is living in other tableโ€ฆ
My understanding Process can live with only a single table.

Likewise, when we select task as step, then the listed up task (actions) are only related to that table where bot lives.

Is this behavior intentionally?

For me, it is apparently confusing and I dont come up wiht use case where we select process wihch resides in other table.

0 5 257
5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member
Not applicable

My answers are inline:

Let me assume a simple case.
We have two tables.
Each table has one bot, so in total, app has 2 bots. Meaning we have two process as well, each assigned to each bot.

A table doesnโ€™t have any bots! A bot binds an event to a process. A process is connected to a table (entity) that is also referred to as the process input.

Then we keep working on BOT1. When we modify the step or add new step, select call a process.
Then we are able to select the Process which is living in other tableโ€ฆ

I am assuming that you mean that this process is connected to a different table

My understanding Process can live with only a single table.

Correct, a process is connected to only a single table at any point in time,

Likewise, when we select task as step, then the listed up task (actions) are only related to that table where bot lives.

Is this behavior intentionally?

Yes. Any steps/tasks/actions in a given process (p1) are always related to the table (t1) that is the process input.

For me, it is apparently confusing and I dont come up wiht use case where we select process wihch resides in other table.

This is a very common use case. Imagine that you have an process called โ€œApproval Processโ€ (that is connected to the โ€œapprovalโ€ table - which has a set of generic inputs you need to make approval decisions). You have a requirement to provide approval capability in multiple bots. Many bots (each of the processes in these bots will be connected to their own tables) can re-use this same โ€œApproval Processโ€ by simply using a โ€œCall processโ€ step.

You probably donโ€™t understand my point here I highlighted in my opinion.

In my opinion, yes , it does. At the end, bot will reside to a certain table based on the event.

If not, why do you make groupings for bots based on table mames?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes thatโ€™s what I said, a Bot contains a process that is associated to a table. I was trying emphasize that โ€œA table doesnโ€™t have any botsโ€ - A table just contains data.

In the picture you are highlighting the fact that there are two bots that are associated to two different tables.

In any case, hopefully my answers to the other points you raised addresses your question.

In this example snapshot, you see two bots.
One on Child table, another on Parent table.

My point is when we add step to BOT (on parent table), we are able to select process which is for Cihld table. This is giving me a confusion. For me, it is logically better not to show the process residing on the different tables from the dropdown list to select a process for call a process step.
That was my point

Top Labels in this Space