Bot for scheduled emailing a Summary of Records in a datatable meeting certain criteria

Hi All,

I need help with setting up an automatic bot that will send a SUMMARY of approved requests for today in the data table “Requests” every Mons-Fridays 4:00pm for row records meeting the criteria: [Date]=Today() and [Status]=“Approved”.

I tried to use an event type ‘Schedule’ and ‘Each row of the table’ disabled as I would like a summary sent not multiple emails for each single row. plus an email task. There is an issue says ‘incompatible event and task type’.

1 13 1,075
13 REPLIES 13

Try this.
Create a bot with a scheduled event that has the “Each row of the table disabled”.
Create an email step, the email body or attached can have a template to get all the approved requests for today, Email Templates | AppSheet Help Center.

Should look something like this:

Dear Dan, thank for your quick reply.

I have trouble drafting a proper template to generate the summary of required record [Date]=Today() and [Status]=“Approved”.

Say I have four columns in the request table: [Request_ID], [Requestor], [Date], [Status]. I would like to extract all rows that matching [Date]=Today() and [Status]=“Approved” and send one summary email out.

The following is the auto-created template when clicked:

“Send Summary Email to Lab Team
Requestor: <<[Requestor]>>
Activity: <<[Activity]>>
Date: <<[Date]>>

I have encountered the error:

The event ‘AH | Particular Time on Working Day’ is not compatible with process ‘Email Daily Summary to Lab Team and HOS’

Attn @prithpal @Dan_Bahir @praveen

That means that the output of the event and the input of the process that you have in your Bot do not have the same table. If its a scheduled event without the “for each row” it does not have a table so you cannot connect it to processes with tables.

Why doesn’t it say that?

The error message wording has been fixed.

Thank you!!!

I have the same issue, but after the report I want to update the table marking the rows that were sent in the report, but I cannot add a task that changes data since the event has no table. So what should I do?

Will get the text rephrased @Steve

Thanks @Dan_Bahir @Steve for some explanation. I still need to achieve the function I need as posted earlier. Would you please give some hints?

I have trouble drafting a proper template to generate the summary of required record [Date]=Today() and [Status]=“Approved”.

Say I have four columns in the request table: [Request_ID], [Requestor], [Date], [Status]. I would like to extract all rows that matching [Date]=Today() and [Status]=“Approved” and send one summary email out.

The following is the auto-created template when clicked:

“Send Summary Email to Lab Team
Requestor: <<[Requestor]>>
Activity: <<[Activity]>>
Date: <<[Date]>>

I have the same issue.

I need to generate a report with a specific table but at a scheduled time of daily certain time

i would rather there be a button action behaviour but there isn’t.
This is critical to the success of the application

CCF
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Good day, I have been scratching my head on this and haven't quite found a solution. if anyone has anything please do let me know here.
I have found a possible turnaround for this issue, but it's not very elegant:
Create a new sheet on your source file.

• Write a formula containing all the functions you need to concatenate the desired information in one string. I.e. Arrayformula [to select the desired array] + textjoin or concatenate [to arrange the information in the desired text] + if [to apply your conditions].
  • Add the spreadsheet as a table into appsheet and make the necessary adjustments.
  • You can then toggle ‘Each row of the table’ and point to said table with only one row containing the desired values.
  • Point at the appropriate columns in your email template.
  • The bot will then pick the first row with data which will be containing the desired values.

It's horrible, i know, but couldn't find anything better. 

Any smoother alternative? Anybody?

Top Labels in this Space